Bridging Wires-X to YSF

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
KF5MIL

Re: Bridging Wires-X to YSF

Post by KF5MIL »

So that’s what I’m arriving to as being my problem. I have been trying with one hotspot but to accomplish this I will have to have two hotspots set to the same freq as wires x node?? One setup with with remote gateway set to 0 and one set to 1. Yes I am currently using a ftm400 in hri mode. Trying to bridge on simplex freq. I was starting to gather that but wanted another opinion before I invest any more money into this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF5MIL

Post by KF5MIL »

Too bad there’s not a setting to set the remote gateway independently on rx and TX when Zumspot is set to repeater mode. I think that would be a way around having two hotspots tied up at bridge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
W0JRG

Post by W0JRG »

I should clarify here, I might not be doing the exact same thing you guys are attempting...

I am within approximately 1 mile (line of sight) of a Wires-X connected Fusion repeater. I am using the ZumSpot in Duplex mode to act as a bridge from that repeater to a YSF Reflector. The ZumSpot as I have it configured now will TX on the repeater input frequency when there is traffic on the YSF Reflector and RX the local repeater output frequency and send that traffic to the YSF Reflector.

Does that help at all? I really wish there was some sort of scenario based configuration documentation for pi-star.
KF5MIL

Post by KF5MIL »

Basically the same scenario. Instead of duplex to fusion repeater. Im trying to link to hri-200 and ftm-400 via simplex. I have tried duplex also. Seem to be having trouble getting hri unit to let through traffic from Zumspot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kv4pn

Post by kv4pn »

OK guys I now understand that we can bridge if we access to wires repeater but not to a wires node. I will confirm this next weekend but this is not good news. Joe kv4pn
kv4pn

Post by kv4pn »

We now have the YSF to Wires-X bridge running with a wires-X repeater. The owner of the repeater has installed the pi-star and it is configured as W0JRG has specified in his posts. The bridge has been running well now for about about week. Thanks again to W0ORJ. Joe
YO8SDE

Post by YO8SDE »

How many DR1X repeaters are connected in reflector?
I am trying to conect 2 DR1X repeaters in the same YSF reflector and one repeater is also connected in Wires-X network, directly with HRI-200 interface in repeater.
But acknowledge beep is circle between those 2 repeater via PI-Star ZumSpot and DualHat.
Is there any setting to disable this beep confirmation on MMDVM or Pi-Star?

In Openspot 1 there is simple check mark in advanced configuration.
N0MIS

Post by N0MIS »

I just completed programming DR-1X FR and would like to link the repeater to our YSF reflector. I inquired with Yaesu about their HRI-200 and if it is possible to link our YSF to DR-1X FR via HRI-200. Yaesu will not give a definite answer. I do not want to buy the HRI-200 if I will not be able to use it to link our YSF reflector. Could someone help.

N0MIS
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

N0MIS wrote:I just completed programming DR-1X FR and would like to link the repeater to our YSF reflector. I inquired with Yaesu about their HRI-200 and if it is possible to link our YSF to DR-1X FR via HRI-200. Yaesu will not give a definite answer. I do not want to buy the HRI-200 if I will not be able to use it to link our YSF reflector. Could someone help.

N0MIS
You won't be able to link the HRI box to the YSF network. (1)
YSF was created as an alternative to Yeasu's own wires X network, which is a closed network ran by yeasu themselves.
As more and more firmware releases are seen from yeasu they seem to be tightening the ability to have their repeaters run with these alternatives in one way or another.

Firmware updates to our local fusion repeater has left it deaf to our tests with connecting via a RF bridge. Trials linking directly to the acc. port found it has had its 9k6 feed remove in a subsequent firmware update so you can no longer couple in such a way to an mmdvm board. They seem quite determined for it to remain wires X only Image

(1) there might be one option left to try and that's have BM use their software to create a link between your wires X software ( running the HRI 200) and a BM DMR TG of ur choosing, then have that TG bridged to ur YSF reflector. It's going around the houses to acheive Ur end goal, but it is one workaround that will work and involves adding in BM DMR to act as the bridge, but I know of other setups that do work well, this way. just don't update ur wires software to the current 1.5 yeasu offering as it's know to cause hiccups with the BM side.

But in its current form, there's no direct path.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE »

Just to add that the bridge via brandmeister only works correctly if the HRI-200 is run on a c4fm radio. I've got my hri-200 linked via brandmeister and because my hri-200 is in analogue only mode if someone tries to access the digital just gets transmitted a carrier with no modulation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk