Pi-Remote commands not working

General support for the Pi-Star System
ke4qdc

Pi-Remote commands not working

Post by ke4qdc »

I have tried every combination I can think of between TG's and private or group contact. I have my .ini file setup to what I think is correct. I have the pi-star remote tab lit up on my admin page indicating it on. I am only using dmr and have the TG's 8999999 through 8999996 set up as private contacts in my contact section. I have setup channels for each in a separate zone. I never see any action from the dashboard when I send any commands. I do a refresh as soon as I send a command and I never catch the pi in a restart or rebooting mode. Any thing to check? Here is my file

[enable]
# Should PiStar-Remote be Enabled? (true|false)
enabled=true

[keeper]
# Keepers Information
callsign=ke4qdc

[dmr]
# TG commands
svckill=8999999
svcrestart=8999998
reboot=8999997
shutdown=8999996
9M2TPT

Re: Pi-Remote commands not working

Post by 9M2TPT »

Have you tried using all uppercase letters for your callsign? I believe the pi-remote does a direct comparison between your callsign and the one coming from the log.
73 de Mohd/9M2TPT
ke4qdc

Post by ke4qdc »

No I haven't but I will give it a shot

Thanks
ke4qdc

Post by ke4qdc »

All caps on the callsign did the trick for me. Thanks everyone
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

The python script that handles remote commends is pretty smart in some ways, and pretty dumb in others, it looks for an exact match of the callsign, so yes case does matter :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
WB2KWC

Post by WB2KWC »

In software that I have worked on I convert the text to upper case before doing the compare. I believe that Python has a built in upper() function.

Ken WB2KWC
ng0n

Post by ng0n »

I have been UNABLE to get REMOTE to work on my TYT MD-380.
I am running PI-Star ver 3.4.15

The only way I can get the message into my Jumbospot is w/ Group Call.
When I use Private Call , I never link up to Jumbospot.. never transmits ...just get a TONE
on the handset. What the devil is wrong ??

Yes, I have enabled set to true
Yes, i have keeper as NG0N (matching exactly my DMR Callsign.)

HELP !!

/ Frank NG0N
ng0n

Post by ng0n »

HOW TO SEND 'PI-STAR REMOTE COMMANDS' TO md380

Works with TYT MD380 pistar 3.4.15

1. Click into a channel that is not being used... make sure u are in the channel... (Parrot might work, haven't tried it yet)
2. Press GREEN button
3. Pres down arrow to UTILITIES
4. Press GREEN button
5. Press down arrow to Private Call
6. Press GREEN button
6. ENTER Remote Command u want. example: for Reboot make the screen read: 7999998 (hint use RED button to erase numbers)
7. Pres CONFIRM
8. Wait for the MD380 disply to go back to channel display AND be sure that Jumbospot is idleing...(rolling MMDVM display.
Press TRANSMIT for 3 seconds or so

IT SHOULD WORK. Watch Jumbospot and wait for -CLOSE-- display... When u SEE THAT you shou;d be HAPPY. :lol:

If you UNDERSTAND why this works when standard codeplug programming doesn't .. TELL US !!!

/ng0n
W8DSB

Post by W8DSB »

So, I added these three TG's 8999998, 8999997, 8999996 in to my digital contacts. Added the contacts to three channels. Added the three changes into a zone named "PI". When I key up, the jumbospot shows the new TG in the display and on the dashboard however the command does not work.

Yes I enable remote
Yes I put the callsign in as capital letters match my callsign

I tried both as group call and private call TG's

I expected when I keyed with TG = 8999996 that it would just shutdown the PI but it keeps on running.

Thoughts?
W8DSB

Post by W8DSB »

Wait, I think it is working now....when I change my contacts from group to private the radio software deleted the TG numbers. I reinstalled the TG's number with the TG set to private. the reboot display ~~close~~ on the screen. I don't see the shutdown doing anything.