Trouble getting NX3224T024 to function on Jumbospot

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
KA2UGZ

Trouble getting NX3224T024 to function on Jumbospot

Post by KA2UGZ »

Hello all -
I have downloaded different HMI for this display. I have compiled and copied the TIF file to a SDCard and have the image transferred. Attaching to the 4 pin port on my Pi-Star Jumbospot hat, change from OLED to Nextion, select MODEM and I have tried every G4KLX and ON7LDS L2, L3 in the menu. Jumbospot is running, Nextion has the stock image and none of the fields update. Now the reason I am using the SDCard load is that my PC is Win8.1 and I don't have a proper USB driver for the CP2102 module (USB to TTL). I suppose I could have a bum display but more likely this is operator error. Solder connections of the header to HAT are good, wiring just like the photos. I will see if I can get a driver or perhaps another PC with Win10 then verify I can talk to the Nextion with the serial lines. Any other thoughts?

Thanks de ka2ugz jay
KA2UGZ

Re: Trouble getting NX3224T024 to function on Jumbospot

Post by KA2UGZ »

I proved that I can program the Nextion using a USB dongle. Do I need to load a Nextion Driver to my pi-star or is one already there?
KA2UGZ

Post by KA2UGZ »

Update on my progress here.... I wondered if I might have damaged HW and that indeed was the case. My original Jumbospot just will not drive a properly functioning Nextion display.

I purchased another MMDVM Raspbery Pi-Hat (GPIO) online and initially I was having the same issue until I noticed that the two HAT's were slightly different. At least the silk screen on the 4-pin Nextion header is different. One is "5v TxD RxD Gnd" and the other is "5v RxD TxD Gnd" with the later silkscreen labeled "Jumbo spot rev1.7" to the left of the OLED display.

Perhaps this is general knowledge already, that the lines (or silkscreen) was swapped along the way with different versions of the Jumbospot board. Other than that, the two boards look otherwise similar.

73 de ka2ugz Jay
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

I've fat fingered my nextion screens several times where I've mistakenly crossed Rx and TX lines, ( I mess around a fair bit with the nextion editor software) but never seen any ill effects. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.