Override IP address of a YSF Reflector

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
n0keg

Override IP address of a YSF Reflector

Post by n0keg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:44 pm

Hey everyone,

I'd like to override the IP address of a single reflector found in the YSFHosts.txt file. I've done this in the past for a DCS reflector by adding an entry to the /root/DCS_Hosts.txt file then run a pistar-update. The same method doesn't apply as I tried to add a new textfile, /root/YSFHosts.txt with a new entry for the inside IP of my reflector.

Does pi-star actually look for a YSFHosts.txt file in /root like it does for the other modes?
Or should I just disable updates of /usr/local/etc/YSFHosts.txt and make my edits in there?

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!

MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Override IP address of a YSF Reflector

Post by MW0MWZ » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:59 pm

n0keg wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:44 pm
Hey everyone,

I'd like to override the IP address of a single reflector found in the YSFHosts.txt file. I've done this in the past for a DCS reflector by adding an entry to the /root/DCS_Hosts.txt file then run a pistar-update. The same method doesn't apply as I tried to add a new textfile, /root/YSFHosts.txt with a new entry for the inside IP of my reflector.

Does pi-star actually look for a YSFHosts.txt file in /root like it does for the other modes?
Or should I just disable updates of /usr/local/etc/YSFHosts.txt and make my edits in there?

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!
I don't have provision for that at the moment, I am sure I can add it in tho, I guess you are the lucky first person to need it :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk

n0keg

Post by n0keg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:19 pm

Haha, yeah... I'm just lucky sometimes. Just some background, my reflector and YSF repeater are on the same network segment behind a firewall. Long story short, due to some creative firewall configs NAT reflection doesn't work properly so I can't talk to my publicly NATed addresses within the same private subnet. So I want to change pi-star to use the private address instead of the public.

Ya know, come to think of it while I type this. My YSF reflector is registered by domain name. I could enter an entry in the local hosts file for DNS on the pi to resolve the private address instead of the public.

n0keg

Post by n0keg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:31 pm

The /etc/host file workaround runs like a champ.

Thanks for being awesome and doing great things with Pi-star!

MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:46 pm

n0keg wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:31 pm
The /etc/host file workaround runs like a champ.

Thanks for being awesome and doing great things with Pi-star!
And thanks for being equally awesome and saving me some work (for now) :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk

Kt7az

Post by Kt7az » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:05 am

I need to do this also.
What is the name of the host file you put in the /etc/
What is the format for the text inside the file.

I have tried this with the format as the daily download but with no success.

Thanks
KT7AZ

Kt7az

Post by Kt7az » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:14 pm

If you find the time I could really like you to configure PI-star use the YSF over ride file. /root/YSFHosts.txt
I am not using a Domain name but a static IP so I cannot use the method the other gentleman used.

Thanks,
Gary
KT7AZ