Zum Nextion - Call sign on splash screen?

Help and support for ZUMSpot Hardware
K1RDD

Re: Zum Nextion - Call sign on splash screen?

Post by K1RDD »

KE0FHS wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:30 pm Rene, K1RDD, I think your best bet would be to either download PD0DIB's files and use the Itead Nextion editor to install them to the Nextion screen or accept things the way they are.

If you want to have fun and actually learn how Nextion screens work (and not just accept what is preloaded by someone else), then I gave all the necessary links in the previous post. Start with the good document that Rob wrote, which explains how to do things:
https://github.com/PD0DIB/Nextion_HAM-r ... _v2.03.pdf
That is what I did. I'm a non-technical person and I was able to figure it out, so I think just about anyone can. It took me awhile to figure it all out, but I found it quite satisfying once I did.
While that sounds intriguing, I'm about 20 years past my programming heyday. Maybe if all else fails and I have some time to delve into it.
Rene or Jason, KE7FNS, if you want to contact ZUM Radio, you can find the email for Jim, KI6ZUM, on QRZ.
I've contacted both HRO and Zum. HRO said it was a Zum support question. We shall see.
K1RDD

Post by K1RDD »

Response from KI6ZUM -

We are hearing a few people seeing this including people who are just using displays they have purchased on their own. The best we can guess at the moment is that the Nextion code in mmdvmhost is not checking the return code from the display so it is just assuming that any information sent to the display arrives correctly. It seems like when too much info is sent to the display in a row, the display just throws some of it away. There are a couple of people working on it at the moment.

When I met with Jonathan a couple of weeks ago. he agreed that the whole OLED/Nextion code needs to be rewritten to deal with a whole bunch of problems.
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

Thanks for the followup, that's good news that Jonathan may be working on this at some point.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm