Hoseline Picking Up Traffic My Radios ARE NOT

Help with DMR issues
KB0OXD

Hoseline Picking Up Traffic My Radios ARE NOT

Post by KB0OXD »

Just spent a few minutes listening to TAC 310 (And DAYS listening to other TGs as well) & comparing Hoseline to my Baofeng DM5R & Tytera MD-380

First off - For those who don't know, I have a Zumspot USB Stick plugged into a Hub controller that's plugged into THE ONLY USB SOCKET on my Windows 10 Tablet & am using BlueDV For Windows as an interface

** I CAN TX ON THE TG SO IT IS NOT A BLOCKING ISSUE **

Now as you can see here, BlueDV IS receiving traffic OK (As is the Hoseline web interface itself, albeit VERY choppy) but NONE of it is being passed on to EITHER radio DESPITE them being on THE CORRECT frequency

Now because all hotspots run on TS2 I wondered if it was a CC issue. To answer this, since I have CC1 in my Tytera codeplug, I chose to put the Baofeng on CC2 to see if IT would receive the traffic (If it DID, then my problem would be solved)

But alas it still isn't. Just as before, the backlight WOULD activate & turn orange BUT NO AUDIO IS GETTING THROUGH TO IT

** THE VOLUME IS UP LOUD ON BOTH RADIOS SO VOLUME IS NOT AN ISSUE **

I've had to resort to INVERTING RX & TX because either WINDOWS thinks RECEIVE means TRANSMIT & vice-Versa or BlueDV does. Either way, I've had to utilize that work around in order to FORCE the TX bar to go up when press the PTT on either radio

On Hoseline, when I TX, my call shows up as does my profile pic (Which is just my face). Below is a sample screenshot of my call being received by Hoseline

Well...That about wraps it up as I can't include anymore screenshots in this post. Any ideas as to what might be going on (Aside from the Hoseline issues)?? Any ideas as to what I may be missing??

Cheers & 73

Pattrick, KB0OXD
Attachments
coloradodmr.jpg
coloradodmr.jpg (89.47 KiB) Viewed 4577 times
bluedvsetup2.jpg
bluedvsetup2.jpg (102.07 KiB) Viewed 4577 times
bluedvconfigo9.jpg
bluedvconfigo9.jpg (90.62 KiB) Viewed 4577 times
KB0OXD

Re: Hoseline Picking Up Traffic My Radios ARE NOT

Post by KB0OXD »

KE7FNS wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:04 am Dude.....

435.000 Mhz to 438.000 Mhz are blocked frequencies because people using them for hotspots can interfere with satellite use.
Yeah I noticed I was in the satellite portion of the band once I saw that in the state bandplan (It's HIGHLY recommended to use your LOCAL bandplan rather than the ARRL (In the US) or other national (In other countries) bandplan when picking a freqency

So DESPITE what you see in the above screenshot, I've moved up from 434.5 to 441.0 :D
KE7FNS wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:04 am Also, you might want to find a BlueDV forum to get better help because I'm not sure if many people have any experience with it since it doesn't run on pi-star.
There is none (Yes I've searched)

And as this category is called DMR SPECIFIC SUPPORT, this is about as close to a BlueDV "Forum" as you're likely going to find (Better than posting on QRZ where most everyone there have NO USE WHATSOEVER for ANYTHING that isn't HF (With some GLEEFULLY HAPPY in informing you of that too))

Cheers & 73 :D
KB0OXD

Post by KB0OXD »

Also 441.000 DOES NOT appear to be in use in my area (I'd hear something on the Baofeng if it was) And 5 Mhz. about that is 446.000 (The National Calling Frequency) so there's NO way a repeater nput could be there

That said, I wish there was a site that tracks hotspot frequencies & locations like RFinder foes the same with repeaters & EchoLink nodes

Cheers & 73 :D
KB0OXD

Post by KB0OXD »

KE7FNS wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:53 am
KB0OXD wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:57 am So DESPITE what you see in the above screenshot, I've moved up from 434.5 to 441.0 :D
So, what you are saying is the screen grabs you've posted so far don't match the settings you are currently running. How are they supposed to help?
No. I'm merely saying that while the screenshot shows the old frequency , nothing else has been changed
KB0OXD wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:57 am And as this category is called DMR SPECIFIC SUPPORT, this is about as close to a BlueDV "Forum" as you're likely going to find (Better than posting on QRZ where most everyone there have NO USE WHATSOEVER for ANYTHING that isn't HF (With some GLEEFULLY HAPPY in informing you of that too))
Well, this is pi-star DMR specific support.

try asking the BlueDV facebook group.
I trust Facebook about as far as I can THROW it as they persist in basically making the news for all the wrong reasons (Among other things)
What I'd do if I were you is grab an analog radio and when you see callsigns show up on the software
, do you hear digital data being transmitted on the analog radio tuned to the frequency you are supposed to be using. That would at least tell you that your hotspot is transmitting, AND it would tell you that your issue is in the radio programming, not the BlueDV software.
The callsigns aren't local so an analog radio (Or a digital radio in an analog mode) would be USELESS
Then, if that test was a success, I'd put the MD 380 into promiscuous mode and see if I hear the audio then.Shh you OBVIOUSLY don't own an MD-380. If you DID, you'd KNOW it DOES NOT have Promiscuous mode 😁 lol[quoute]That would then tell you the talkgroup and timeslot and CC you are supposed to be using. I saw somewhere its supposed to be TG9 CC1 TS1, but it doesn't seem to be well documented.
Documentation would DEFINITELY help (Afterall, clubs who own DMR repeaters are careful to provide that information on their website & it's USUALLY pretty thorough
Either way, good luck, I hope someone else has the answers you seek, but I highly doubt it
Well A LOT of more MODERN radios have come out since the MD-380 & EVEN the DM5R (The other radio I have) came out (Remember the MD-380 came out BEFORE Hotspots were EVEN INVENTED) so it's likely time to look at newer radios which might address these issues

As such,it looks like I'm gonna have to be more aggressive in searching for a new radio 😒
n9mxq

Post by n9mxq »

Why are the DMR ID's different in your screen shot? Should they not be the same?

Also, next time you may want to crop out your browsers link bar.. Just sayin... :lol: :o :shock: :roll:
Gene in Belvidere IL
Please don't email me with questions.
That's what these forums are for.
There's much more brainpower collected here
than I have alone.
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

KB0OXD wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:22 am
What I'd do if I were you is grab an analog radio and when you see callsigns show up on the software
, do you hear digital data being transmitted on the analog radio tuned to the frequency you are supposed to be using. That would at least tell you that your hotspot is transmitting, AND it would tell you that your issue is in the radio programming, not the BlueDV software.
The callsigns aren't local so an analog radio (Or a digital radio in an analog mode) would be USELESS
No it wouldn't... The entire idea is to hear the digital noise being produced by the HOTSPOT when IT transmits to your radio. If you don't hear the hash, it means your hotspot is not transmitting data, and none of your radios will be receiving a signal to be decoded into voice. Note: your hotspot could be sending a carrier with no data, in which case the radios receive LED may activate, but you won't hear a digital stream (on the analog tuned radio). If you don't hear the hash, the problem is the hotspot itself.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
n9mxq

Post by n9mxq »

KE7FNS wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:26 am
I told him that TWICE over a week ago.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1965&start=10#p9209
So, given that info, and the browser screenshot faux pas, I'm guessing he's just here to troll.. Since he seems unwilling to listen..
Gene in Belvidere IL
Please don't email me with questions.
That's what these forums are for.
There's much more brainpower collected here
than I have alone.