NextionDriver requires configuration apply changes after every shutdown or reboot

All things relating to the Nextion Screen(s)
WU1U

Re: NextionDriver requires configuration apply changes after every shutdown or reboot

Post by WU1U »

I hope someone can confirm or deny operation like this on another Pi 0. If not the next time I need something from Adafruit I will throw in the $10 for a new zero. Regardless, thanks for all your help. I learned a lot working through this and that is hard for a 73 year old accountant type.
WU1U

Re: NextionDriver requires configuration apply changes after every shutdown or reboot

Post by WU1U »

Neither change had any impact on the performance. The results are still stalling at NextionDriver until 'Apply Changes' is used on the config page. What continues to be noticeable is the very slow response of the Pi Zero under V4.1.0 RC2. The web interface often times out waiting for reboots or apply change actions.
WU1U

Post by WU1U »

Thanks for all your effort on this. I learned a lot doing the tests and I am happy I was not messing something up that neither of us realized. At least I am not imaging the problem. :)
WU1U

Post by WU1U »

Thanks. I will wait for the code to be updated. Glad you figured it out. I did finally find the Pi 3 I thought I owned so I will get it set up with that but at least now I know how to use the Zumspot modem pins and NextionDriver saving me having the usb/ttl adapter hanging off the pi.