Pi-Star v4.0.0 RC2 - available

Help with Raspberry Pi Foundation Boards (Raspberry Pi, Pi Zero, Pi Zero W, Pi A, Pi B, Pi B+, Pi2 B, Pi3 B, Pi 3 B+)
PE1BVU

Re: Pi-Star v4.0.0 RC2 - available

Post by PE1BVU » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:55 pm

Works for me out of the box:

- Burned new image
- Started with Auto-AP: OK
- Changed Wifi-Settings an config'd manually: OK
- Reboot: All OK, up and running

My setup is:

OS: Kernel 4.14.79+ (Pi-Star:4.0.0-RC2 / Dashboard: 20190109
Platform: Pi Zero W Rev 1.1 (512MB)
Radio/Modem: MMDVM_HS_HAT(DB9MAT & DF2ET) for PI(GPIO)

After that i tried:

- Burned new image
- Put wpa_supplicant.conf on SD-card
- Booted: OK, logged in to my wifi network
- Restored setup from v3.4.17
- Reboot: All OK, up and running.

I use the hotspot only for DMR, and all functions seem to work fine.
Installed Samba to access files from PC: works fine.

Thanks for this nice 4.0.0-RC2 !

73's, Adri PE1BVU

M1DNS

Post by M1DNS » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:06 pm

G4pzw wrote:Hi Andy. Firstly just a great big thank you for your stirling work with Pi-Star.....oh, and a very Happy New Year!
Just tried to install the Pi-Star mobile addition from amateurradio.digital. Doesn't seem to work unfortunately. Im guessing it's because of the change in OS?

Rob
G4PZW

With the new changes made in release 4.0
Quite a few of the 3rd party add-ons will prob. need their developers to make adjustments, changes to their offerings in order to follow along, given time I'm sure many will.

Andrew M1DNS, (MOD)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.

G4pzw

Post by G4pzw » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:41 pm

Thanks Andy..I guessed that was the case. So far so good, no problems with v4.

Rob

VE6DV

Post by VE6DV » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:09 pm

KE0FHS wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:58 pm
Hi Jeff, here's one thing that has worked for me in similar situations: try logging in once in Chrome using the IP address. After that, log in with the normal URL you use, for example, http://pi-star.local/. Once I've done this, the regular URL continues to work. I'm guessing this has something to do with my router or wireless network, not directly with Pi-Star.
Thanks, Toshen. That appears to have done the trick.

Jeff VE6DV
73 - Jeff VE6DV

WU0V

Post by WU0V » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:41 pm

When Adri, PE1BVU, mentioned that he installed Samba so he could transfer files from his Windows computer, I thought “Why not?” I was happy to discover that Samba is already installed in RC2 so all you need to do is configure it. After a few google searches I found an article about configuring Samba on Raspbian to connect with Windows 10. It was pretty easy and now I can access the files on my hotspot from File Explorer>Network in Windows 10.
A little more digging and I found an app for my iPad, File Explorer Free, and installed it. It fought me a bit to get it to connect but now I can also transfer files to or from my iPad to any Samba connection.
Either way I have to first SSH into the Pi and set the file system to Read/Write, but then the transfer works.

Experienced Linux users will say “big deal” but for me it was like winning a prize.

Lee, WU0V
59 years a ham, still having fun

F1TKE

Post by F1TKE » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 pm

test of rc2 version. ircddbgateway config have no config line "aprsPassword=" , without t2serv user passcode validation no aprs icon

VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:11 pm

WU0V wrote:When Adri, PE1BVU, mentioned that he installed Samba so he could transfer files from his Windows computer, I thought “Why not?” I was happy to discover that Samba is already installed in RC2 so all you need to do is configure it. After a few google searches I found an article about configuring Samba on Raspbian to connect with Windows 10. It was pretty easy and now I can access the files on my hotspot from File Explorer>Network in Windows 10.
A little more digging and I found an app for my iPad, File Explorer Free, and installed it. It fought me a bit to get it to connect but now I can also transfer files to or from my iPad to any Samba connection.
Either way I have to first SSH into the Pi and set the file system to Read/Write, but then the transfer works.

Experienced Linux users will say “big deal” but for me it was like winning a prize.

Lee, WU0V
59 years a ham, still having fun
It's this kind of reply makes me really happy to see that with some research and the willingness to try yields a great personal achievement! Reading this is much better than seeing the usual I have xxxx can someone please provide me with the solution because I am too lazy to even try!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:41 pm

F1TKE wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 pm
test of rc2 version. ircddbgateway config have no config line "aprsPassword=" , without t2serv user passcode validation no aprs icon
Thank you - going to look at this shortly...
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk