Talk Group Routing

Help with DMR issues
KD2RCQ

Talk Group Routing

Post by KD2RCQ » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:09 pm

I have been able to route DMR+ and XLX stuff via TGs 8 and 9. But can’t seem to do it with BM TGs. I connect to a BM TG but once I go to talk group 9 the pi star switches over to 9.

Any ideas where I may be going wrong?

Thank you.

M1DNS

Re: Talk Group Routing

Post by M1DNS » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:23 pm

US servers mostly expect you to be using TG's and not reflectors.
I think a while back most US servers dropped support for reflector linking.

So if you have Tg9 in ur radio and keyup you'll be talking tg9 /local.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.

KD2RCQ

Post by KD2RCQ » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:26 pm

Thanks. if I wasn’t using a US server, would it work the same way as DMR+ and XLX?

M1DNS

Post by M1DNS » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:07 pm

KD2RCQ wrote:Thanks. if I wasn’t using a US server, would it work the same way as DMR+ and XLX?
Yeah. I think Canadian server is still supporting reflector linking.

Def. UK, Dutch and DL.
As I use them as and when I need.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.

VK4TUX

Post by VK4TUX » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:26 am

KD2RCQ wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:09 pm
I have been able to route DMR+ and XLX stuff via TGs 8 and 9. But can’t seem to do it with BM TGs. I connect to a BM TG but once I go to talk group 9 the pi star switches over to 9.

Any ideas where I may be going wrong?

Thank you.
You cant route via base TG's (6) (5) + (9) hub TG's for reflector systems and you cant connect to TG's they are mapped to your Id in the server until you change the TG, this is different to reflector linking and is a routing system.

As XLX (6) and DMR+ (8) have a startup reflector enabled you probably just select that and qso where you land on startup. Do you know know to change reflectors or modules using private call ?

In XLX ;
TG=6
Base=64000
for module change
so from TG6TS2 channel go into menu > contacts > manual, then key in 64025 > ptt to go to modeule E for egxample 4001 -2026 = A - Z modules.
Back out of menu to normal channel 6 screen to qso etc.

For reflector change using manual dial, do
68xxx

For DMR plus

TGRewrite0=2,8,2,9,1
PCRewrite0=2,84000,2,4000,1001

On TG8TS2 use

8xxxx with same manual dial method explained above xxxx = reflector range 4001 to 4999 4000 unlink 5000 status

All BrandMeister servers do Reflector linking, some may be configured for a startup REF (Only in the UK usually), but they all have user control.

TGRewrite0=2,9,2,9,1
PCRewrite0=2,94000,2,4000,1001
TypeRewrite0=2,9990,2,9990
SrcRewrite0=2,4000,2,9,1001

Usually The reflector range 4001 to 4999 4000 unlink 5000 status work directly with pistar BM there is a 9 prefix in the github version

Manual dial 4400 to connect to the main UK reflector (mapped to 2350)

This is easier than using 94400 in the github config.

So from TG9TS2 try the manual dial method to connect where you want, this is easier than creating channels using private call contacts, then returning to TG9TS2 to qso, to just too link which these are. manual dial is a private call number sent.

M1DNS

Post by M1DNS » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:35 pm

Ensure you Link to the reflector ur wanting by calling
it as a private call. Not a group call.

Then talk through using Tg9.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.

VK4TUX

Post by VK4TUX » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:10 pm

M1DNS wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:35 pm

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)
Did you read ;

"So from TG9TS2 try the manual dial method to connect where you want, this is easier than creating channels using private call contacts, then returning to TG9TS2 to qso, to just too link which these are. manual dial is a private call number sent."

Manual dial is private call, and he does not need to leave TG9 channel to do it, just back out of the menu to normal screen.

M1DNS

Post by M1DNS » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:49 pm

VK4TUX wrote:
M1DNS wrote:

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)
Did you read ;

"So from TG9TS2 try the manual dial method to connect where you want, this is easier than creating channels using private call contacts, then returning to TG9TS2 to qso, to just too link which these are. manual dial is a private call number sent."

Manual dial is private call, and he does not need to leave TG9 channel to do it, just back out of the menu to normal screen.
Not sure why u'd want to quote my post in ur reply ??

As it didn't make mention of leaving Tg9 ??

Private dial, then
" Tg9 to talk through"

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.

VK4TUX

Post by VK4TUX » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:42 am

M1DNS wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:49 pm
VK4TUX wrote:
M1DNS wrote:

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)
Did you read ;

Not sure why u'd want to quote my post in ur reply ??

As it didn't make mention of leaving Tg9 ??

Private dial, then
" Tg9 to talk through"

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)
Read > "This is easier than creating channels using private call contacts, then returning to TG9TS2 to qso,"

You don't have to leave TG9 when you use manual dial, you just return back from the menu contact > manual dial access, You are not adding anything already covered. I have already made it clear the link process is a private call as you learnt.

M1DNS

Post by M1DNS » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:13 am

Ok as ur really struggling here I'll type in caps so you can follow along...

NO WHERE IN MY REPLY DOES IT SAY BACK OUT OF TG9.
Ur replying to something that isn't there ???

Private dial, then Tg9 to talk through.
No mention of backing out of Tg9.
Are you so vein you believe ur the only guy in the world
to use a dmr radio ?

- you quoted "This is easier than creating channels using private call contacts, then returning to TG9TS2 to qso,"

Agn. Who's mentioning using channels for private call? Nothing in my reply suggests this ?

As too adding to the thread. I've a couple threads ahead of yours, so who's repeating the same ? The op has stated he can link to DMR+ and XLX so already knows the process in dialing a private call.

Not sure why you feel the need to reply to every post I make ?? Moreso here with replies that aren't relative to what's actually written. Maybe I've got a stalker

Ps.
On a personal note... you really need to get over it,and move on an accept you and I don't see eye to eye. And haven't done so for many yrs now. We frequented groups for decades and it always comes down to one point... I don't kneel to the church of 'tux, you ain't my kinda god i make my own choices and follow my own path.. which isn't the tux path. Trying to belittle every post I make here is fast becoming a joke. For the sake of the forum, get over it, Move on. Lifes to short... An endless stream of too-ing and fro-ing ain't helping users getting answers to their posts.
In general I tend not to reply to anything you post, but now ur quoting posts and as in this case for content that isn't there.

Apologies to other users of the forum who have to read this.
Hopefully this message will now register with him. Different opinions, different choices, differing paths. etc.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.