Pi-star.local “live view” on IOS

Help with DMR issues
KE0FHS

Re: Pi-star.local “live view” on IOS

Post by KE0FHS » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:34 pm

I wonder whether he has old data in his database?

I just downloaded the free version of the database available at Powerwerx, which is where I purchased my radios. It's updated daily, contains the correct info for W5MW (two records, actually: one for 1148042, and a second for 3150504), doesn't contain any entry for William Gordon, and contains a total 140,706 records.

Whereas amateurradio.digital currently lists 141,398 records. Makes me wonder whether at least some of those additional 692 records could be due to old records that haven't been properly purged?

As far as him getting a bit twitchy when he is asked questions, it must be challenging to be in the position of trying to convince people to pay for something that is freely available elsewhere, especially if the version you're trying to sell appears to contain at least some inaccurate data.

(FYI, I also just loaded up N0OSG's Contact Manager--which I did donate for--and it lists 140499 records. I get the same results when I search that data set: the same two records for W5MW and no entry for William Gordon.)
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm

W5MW

Post by W5MW » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:53 pm

any word on when Pi-Star’s own mobile version will be working?

KE7FNS

Post by KE7FNS » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:22 am

KE0FHS wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:34 pm
I wonder whether he has old data in his database?
I questioned the very same thing, and got nothing but attitude in return. I originally asked him why he had callsigns (RH95 for example) for individuals that aren't even legal callsigns for any country according to the ITU.

The only reason I noticed it is because it was the very first DMR ID on the list, and one day, the original callsign just changed to RH95 and had a different name and city and state and country, that didn't exist elsewhere. When I was debugging the NextionDriver, there was a bug where it would always return the first ID in the list when it failed to find a user in the database, so I saw it so many times I could recite his info by heart and then one day in June, it just changed to something else, so I messaged him to see if he'd check and see if his database got corrupted or something. It was like I poked a yellow jacket nest or something.
KE0FHS wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:34 pm
I just downloaded the free version of the database available at Powerwerx, which is where I purchased my radios. It's updated daily, contains the correct info for W5MW (two records, actually: one for 1148042, and a second for 3150504), doesn't contain any entry for William Gordon, and contains a total 140,706 records.

Whereas amateurradio.digital currently lists 141,398 records. Makes me wonder whether at least some of those additional 692 records could be due to old records that haven't been properly purged?
Exactly, his database lists DMR ID's like 1023004, and 1023005, and when you compare it line by line to RadioID, his lists numbers where RadioID has no ID assigned. That makes no sense and whats worse, is when you search for those individuals names, they are listed in multiple places, which is ok, but the two don't match for some reason.

If there was a different database that wasn't censored like the stuff that comes from EU, I'd gladly switch to it instead. For now I just use the free version of his stuff that is provided by the Btech website. FailFish.
All views, comments, posts and opinions shared are entirely my own.

W5MW

Post by W5MW » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:10 pm

That’s very interesting. Thanks for the info on the other Database

W5MW

Post by W5MW » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:42 pm

Yes that 1148042 was my original DMR ID
it worked right up until I got this call sign.
Got the new one and use it, but it didn’t delete the
old one