Not receiving signal

Help with DMR issues
KE7FNS

Re: Not receiving signal

Post by KE7FNS » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:18 pm

Well I'm glad you didn't give up and and got it all sorted out.

The bad phone line explains the red and green drop outs you were experiencing.

I suspect the UK master has a different password than the rest of the masters, and to connect to it you'd have to change the password, which then would break all the masters you can currently connect to, so in my opinion it really isn't worth messing with unless you always want to stay on the UK master.
All views, comments, posts and opinions shared are entirely my own.

M1DNS

Re: Not receiving signal

Post by M1DNS » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:27 pm

KE7FNS wrote:
I suspect the UK master has a different password than the rest of the masters, and to connect to it you'd have to change the password, which then would break all the masters you can currently connect to, so in my opinion it really isn't worth messing with unless you always want to stay on the UK master.
The UK password change approx 2months ago to bring it in line with all other BM servers in having the same single entry password. pistar was updated to reflect this a few days after the change was noted.
Anyone who's ran an update anytime over that time period from then to now the changes would be inclusive. If not then the suggestion is users run an update, most especially UK ops. wanting to access BM UK.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.