Config for a new DVMEGA Dual Band

DV-Mega Single / Dual band Hat for the Raspberry Pi
K4PMD

Config for a new DVMEGA Dual Band

Post by K4PMD »

Hi - just acquired a DVMEGA/RPI3B, and the setup went fine....except, it appears my STATIC operation for a talk group does not work....let me elaborate.

I have setup the PISTAR, all functions correctly....I can PTT on 3100, see myself on my other HOTSPOTS, and I can hear a station that is currently transmitting, however once that station drops, the STATIC talkgroup does not continue, UNLESS I PTT again, and I hear the current station, but once he drops, nothing.

I've compared the setup to my other 2 MMDVM Hotspots which work perfectly and a DV30 / BlueDV on my windows PC.....So I think I have it all configured correctly, but I 'THINK' it's a Brandmeister issue on THIS Hotsot. I DO HAVE THE ESSID set to 04, since it's my 4th hotspot. I do see this HotSpot 04 on my Brandmeister page, so the other hotspots and my radio.

More info....I have my radio set up with different ZONES for each Hotspot....and the radio work fine on all other hotspots and watching the dashboard I see all the stations using 3100, except the new DVMEGA.

Any ideas would be very helpful....
--------
73's Phil
K4PMD
AF6VN

Re: Config for a new DVMEGA Dual Band

Post by AF6VN »

Random thought -- did you accidentally configure it as "duplex repeater"?

The DV-Mega Dual Band operates as SIMPLEX on /either/ 70cm OR 2m, but does not use both at the same time, and does NOT have repeater capability.

Brandmeister makes all "repeater" connections dynamic, and times out talk groups after some period of inactivity.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
K4PMD

Post by K4PMD »

Hi AF6VN
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I understand it's a TWO BAND device not a repeater. I also understand that the TG resets after about 10 min if NOT accessed....HOWEVER, if you set the HOTSPOT to a Static TG on the Brandmeister Hotspot setting, it will remain connected to the PISTAR SW and displayed on either the Dashboard and ultimately hear on your radio, continuously, until you go to another TG and PTT and make it dynamic....once THAT TOT is reached, it reverts back to the Static TG.

That is not the case here, I HEAR the current station, but subsequent stations are NOT heard or displayed on the Dashboard. If I put up BOTH the DVMEGA hotspot and a PISTAR on another Hotspot, The OTHER dashboard shows the activity continuously, but NOT the DVMEGA display.

Please bear with me in using the correct nomenclature....and references, I've only been doing this for 6 months, but have been successful understanding most of the functions/configurations.

Phil
K4PMD
South Florida
--------
73's Phil
K4PMD
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

K4PMD wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:52 pm That is not the case here, I HEAR the current station, but subsequent stations are NOT heard or displayed on the Dashboard. If I put up BOTH the DVMEGA hotspot and a PISTAR on another Hotspot, The OTHER dashboard shows the activity continuously, but NOT the DVMEGA display.
Warning: some D-STAR reflectors will ban you if you have multiple hotspots using the same call sign connected at the same time.

Beyond that -- all I can suggest is looking at the log files for transmissions.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
K4PMD

Post by K4PMD »

PROBLEM SOLVED....turned out to be a TYPO in my Hotspot password.

Phil
K4PMD
--------
73's Phil
K4PMD