Well, thanks for clarify Jason. This confirms why I get errors when tried to use the plain MMDVMHost version in Pi-Star.KE7FNS wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:39 pm Andy seems to be combining a few of the makefiles into one, and then using the Makefile.Pi.Adafruit for a separate binary for some odd reason. (I've still never found where that is even used)
I've tried to recreate what I suspect Andy is doing by downloading the same version of MMDVMHost that the latest binary reports 3313fe8ec3528f107172855a240a8d7839e881cf and build my own binary but I'm always off in size. The closest I've gotten is 60 Bytes and I'm not sure if maybe a library got updated and that caused the size difference or if Andy made changes to the code somewhere.
I ended up just giving up and just figured I'd wait for Andy and its been roughly 3 months now. Its rather disappointing and much longer than I expected.
Or that no absolutely no progress has happened since May, wasn't it you that said that Andy slows down and doesn't update things in the summer.
Again.... binaries != source code.
Seems that there's no other way than wait for Andy.