Zumspot MMDVM Nucleo?

Help and support for ZUMSpot Hardware
AK7AN

Zumspot MMDVM Nucleo?

Post by AK7AN »

Are these a Hat that sits on a Raspberry Pi that can be interfaced to a radio the build an extended Hot Spot or area gateway?
Thanks
Ed
AK7AN

Re: Zumspot MMDVM Nucleo?

Post by AK7AN »

Thanks for the reply. I read all the documentation on HRO and it doesn't do a real good job of making that clear. I am looking for one that actually does NXDN as I have access to Kenwood VHF NXDN radio's at work. I might take a chance on one of these.
Thanks
Ed
AK7AN

Post by AK7AN »

My Zumspot UHF does NXDN and has the latest firmware. On my extended range VHF simplex gateway I am running a Chinese knock off with some knock off firmware and it shows NXDN, but it does not function, works great on D-Star, but not NXDN. I tried flashing the latest firmware but it won't flash through PI-star. I believe I need an ST-link to update it to the latest. I only paid $15 for the junk Chinese knock off. Just not worth it to purchase the ST-link for a one time use. So I am looking for a reputable hat that will function on NXDN to use with my VHF setup, as of right now I only have access to VHF Kenwood NX-700 radio. I will probably try one of these from HRO as it looks like they are upgradeable.
Happy New Year
Ed
AK7AN

Post by AK7AN »

Jumbospot clone is probably what this is. It does have the NXDN led. Firmware is called MMDVM:20180327. It doesn't have a JP1 solder pad.
Thanks for all the great info.
Ed