YSF/Wires-X Save Room on FT1DR/E...

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
G8OGJ

YSF/Wires-X Save Room on FT1DR/E...

Post by G8OGJ »

I have pi-star 4.1.3 running on an mmdvm board (simplex).

Radio is a Yaesu FT1D with the latest firmware and DSP firmware.

When I connect to a certain YSF room (e.g. "IE_YSF_Ireland" which is #52077) by pressing the Dx key for one second the room appears to connect and the room name appears in the bottom line of the display. I can speak to users on that room and hear their conversations.

According to the manual, I should then be able to press "ENT" and get the list of options on the "room" which should include, inter-alia, "ADD" so that I can add that room to one of the five available room categories (for later easy access). I should also be able to search for other rooms from there.

With the above setup nothing happens when pressing the "ENT" key other than "Waiting" flashes in the display for a few seconds and nothing further. The display returns to the previously connected display.

Of note, the display shows that I am connected via a repeater - "[R}" is show below the "X" in the top left corner. The next line shows "G8OGJ-ND G8OGJ_Pi".

I am at a loss. I had thought that this worked but now it does not. I have not used the function for a few months and it is certain that the pi-star node has been updated in that time but I have not tested each and every function following each update so I have no backward traceability on whether there is a correlation of an update with the issue.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Ian
Amateur Radio Station G8OGJ
G8OGJ

Re: YSF/Wires-X Save Room on FT1DR/E...

Post by G8OGJ »

UPDATE: I have been playing around with this and can offer a further clarification:

1. When a room is selected from the global list it IS possible to add it using the process as set out in the manuals;

2. When the room is selected by dialling up its number - Process: "F"+"V/M"+ room 5-digit code + "ENT" - it is NOT possible to add it to the list of saved rooms using the process as set out in the manual.

So why do I have this problem Well, when I look at "ALL" rooms, I have to page through them 20 at a time and the paging ceases to function part-way through the "FCS rooms and before I get to, in the example above, the rooms whose name starts with "I". For an unexplained reason it is not possible to page any further than some way down the FCS4xx page. No error, just no action when attempting to go forward one page. Going back is ok.

Ian
G8OGJ

Re: YSF/Wires-X Save Room on FT1DR/E...

Post by G8OGJ »

Oh and BTW the "SEARCH & DIRECT ENTRY" doesn't work because a) it is not possible to include underscore characters ("_"); b) there are no wildcards; and c) just putting in the start of the title as per the manual (e.g. "IE" in this case) does not work - no result is returned. When searching for a full word such as "CANADA" a response indicating no results is returned but with "IE" there is just no response.

Ian