RESOLVED - RadioID.net vs. QRZ.com

General support for the Pi-Star System
KG6RUT

Re: RadioID.net vs. QRZ.com

Post by KG6RUT »

MW0MWZ wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:50 pm https://github.com/AndyTaylorTweet/Pi-S ... ost/lh.php

Lines 42 and 45, I left the old ones commented out, it's like I knew that this would come up :)
You can just comment the current ones (comment lines 41 and 44, uncomment 42 and 45 and job done).

I have to say, don't rush to change it locally unless you REALLY want to, if there is enough of a need, I'll add a flag somewhere to swap them over.
Sounds good Andy.....I tweaked some other pages to handle the switch of tgif to prime.....but all good I can wait!
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

KG6RUT wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:55 pm Sounds good Andy.....I tweaked some other pages to handle the switch of tgif to prime.....but all good I can wait!
TGIF have not asked me to add Prime yet, they only have to ask and I'll put it in the list.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

MW0MWZ wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:58 pm
KG6RUT wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:55 pm Sounds good Andy.....I tweaked some other pages to handle the switch of tgif to prime.....but all good I can wait!
TGIF have not asked me to add Prime yet, they only have to ask and I'll put it in the list.
Thats understood! Since I joined Prime I wanted to use it through the Dashboard, but not everything is working yet on Prime. So they dont yet have the port (5040, i think) open, so I believe I can set a TG, but I cant see it in the Pi-Star dash yet....again, all good!
2e0bci

Post by 2e0bci »

H All,

another vote for a switch/flag to change.

Going to look into changing it myself locally in the meantime.

Thanks for all the hard work that has clearly gone into this!
M0LDP

Post by M0LDP »

I see there's a lot of interest in this. I'm interested enough to get a login to the forum for the first time! I can see the pros and cons of both options (QRZ vs RadioID.net). I like QRZ for 2 reasons - first I use it to log my QSOs and second, QRZ will often bring up talking points by looking through the persons interests. On the other hand RadioID has far less advertising. Rather than have a an option switch or force one over the other, why not leave it as it is today and have another column next to the callsign with a small marker linked to the QRZ page - the best of both worlds?
KD8DVR

Post by KD8DVR »

MW0MWZ wrote:
No need to add prime. Prime is a temporary "beta test" server. Once the server goes into fulltime service, prime goes away.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.
m1cfk

Post by m1cfk »

qrz for me too.
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

KD8DVR wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:20 pm
MW0MWZ wrote:
No need to add prime. Prime is a temporary "beta test" server. Once the server goes into fulltime service, prime goes away.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Yes I know, but dont want to wait :)
DO4CZ

Post by DO4CZ »

I would be for QRZ, but a switch would be ideal for all users ;)
73, DE DO4CZ Joerg
2e0bci

Post by 2e0bci »

You won't need any extra space if you just edit your existing lh.php file:

ssh to pi-star
rpi-rw
cd /var/www/dashboard/mmdvmhost
sudo nano lh.php

Scroll down to the sections of your file where the qrz.com lines are commented out (lines beginning //)

Remove these slashes from the qrz.com lines and add them to the beginning of the radioid.net lines

ctrl+x to exit nano, type Y for yes to save the change, and when prompted for the file name, just hit enter to leave it as it is.

sudo reboot

Done!

I have just used these very steps to make the change.