Post 25th Jan Changes

General support for the Pi-Star System
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Post 25th Jan Changes

Post by MW0MWZ »

g7kbr wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:39 pm Hi Andy

Is their something we can do to get the D-Star network back on line. Or will we need to wait for your work on debugging this problem.

Thanks again for all your great work.

Regards

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paul, Short answer is; there is a new thread just for that here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3299

The longer answer is, I just pushed new bins that I hope will cure it, and I would welcome some feedback, so please update see if you are back online and let me know either way pls.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
F4BVC

Post by F4BVC »

ircDDBGateway issues with new version

Andy,
I confirm, all my repeaters and hotspots in France have the APRS/dPRS issue since the 27th Jan update.
Many thanks, Andy, for your work around a new version of ircDDBgatewayd and for the time spent to correct the problem.

Best 73.
W0FW

Post by W0FW »

Andy,
I decided this week to fully update my ZumSpot hotspot. It had been running on a 3.xx version of Pi-Star.

Starting with a brand new 16GB SD card, I flashed the latest Pi-Star version, installed the Nextion driver, loaded the Model 10 display by PO0DIB and the latest ZumSpot firmware.

After getting everything up and running, I did the sudo apt-get update, upgrade, and dist-upgrade. The pistar-update, and the dashboard update and upgrade to ensure that I had the latest of everything.

Everything works flawlessly with the ZumSpot hotspot, EXCEPT the d-prs reporting. I am using the same "noam.aprs2.net" server that I have been using for the last two years. Went through the update process again last night to catch your latest push, but still no joy.
M0GWC

Post by M0GWC »

Andy,

An update from my side, I reverted my ZumSpot back to 4.1.2 with 20200520 dashboard and it has run OK with APRS for the last couple of days but I have switched off at night to prevent auto update. Last night I left it powered up and dashboard is now 20210131 which allowed upgrade to 4.1.3, unfortunately the lack of APRS reporting issue has returned - I have checked that APRS is still enabled under /expert/edit_ircddbgateway.php.

73 Graham
M0GWC
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

W0FW wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:43 am Everything works flawlessly with the ZumSpot hotspot, EXCEPT the d-prs reporting. I am using the same "noam.aprs2.net" server that I have been using for the last two years. Went through the update process again last night to catch your latest push, but still no joy.
Yep - I know about that, will be fixing it soon
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
W0FW

Post by W0FW »

MW0MWZ wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:46 pm Yep - I know about that, will be fixing it soon
I know you will....you just asked for some feedback so I was letting you know my experience. I understand what is going on, I know that you are working on it and that the problem will be resolved soon enough.

I want you to know that I really appreciate your efforts, and the efforts of the other contributors that make this such a great platform. Nothing but rave reviews from me, even when there is the occasional hiccup.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

ircDDBGateway dPRS fixed in Pi-Star 4.1.4, you should be seeing a nag to upgrade on the admin and config pages if you didn't already.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
F4BVC

Post by F4BVC »

Dear Andy,

Thanks for your work.

This answer just to leave you my feedback about the upgrade in 4.1.4 : Unfortunately, the APRS/dPRS issue is still present (nothing has changed).
Neither pi-star position or THD74 dPRS position are reported to aprs-is.

Thanks again for all you do for the community.
Good luck with the work.
Best 73 8-)
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Make sure after the 4.1.4 update, you go to the config page and press one of the apply buttons.

d-PRS position reporting is working....
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
F4BVC

Post by F4BVC »

Hello Andy,

After press the apply button in the config page, everything is ok :D .
Thanks again for the quick patch.
Have a nice day.
73s