APRS keeps ENABLED after Apply Changes

General support for the Pi-Star System
W3KIT

APRS keeps ENABLED after Apply Changes

Post by W3KIT »

I noticed every time I clicked "Apply Changes" on Configuration page the APRS on YSFGW keeps going to "1"?

I have set it to "0" to disable it, I can reproduce this every time I clicked apply changes on configuration page. Even with nothing had changed, just simply hit apply changes.

How can I make 0 "disable" stick? Now every time I hit apply changes on configuration I have to remember come to YSFGW page to disable it.

Running up to date 4.1.4 / 20210205
!aprs.JPG
!aprs.JPG (20.52 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
73, Kit
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: APRS keeps ENABLED after Apply Changes

Post by MW0MWZ »

its about to arrive in the main config page - working on it.

In short all the gateways will have APRS on, and there will be a single off switch on the config page for the APRSGateway.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
W3KIT

Post by W3KIT »

Andy, thank you for reply. I actually do not mind having APRS or position reporting settings (disable or enable) are on individual Gateway Page as long as once I have disabled it and it would stick no matter what I did to main configuration page.

Currently, I would disabled it in YSFGW page, applied it - applied changed. It will stick, no issue. However if just happened to click apply changes even I touch nothing or change anything in the main configuration page, my YSFGW page APRS form would revert back from disabled to enable (from 0 to 1) on it own.

Does not revert the NXDN GW though. Not sure somehow only YSFGW APRS setting is linked to "Apply Changes" in the main configuration page.

73 and thank you kindly for all you have done for us hostspot users.

Kit
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

I'll take a look at what I did to that... give me a few mins

EDIT: OK I see why I did this, once I put the new APRS switch in there, that turn all of APRS on or off, thinking about how I can do that and not change the individual APRS per gateway (I don't really want to add options for all of them).
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
W3KIT

Post by W3KIT »

I am still having an issue, seem like I am the only one that is having this issue. I have 8 hotspots at home and 1 in the car. I could reproduce such issue on all of them.

I know it is so boring but please look into possible fix.

For the record, I do not have any problem my location being put on APRS.FI

I have an iGate running at my QTH and APRS from my car, so being on the map is not an issue for me. Beside, not like I can hind my small antenna farm at the QTH or antennas on the car or HAM license plate.

On to the issue. For the life of me, I could not stop APRS 0 from reverting back APRS 1 on YSFGW page if I touched the Main Configuration pate.
So I told me self “Fine be that way” and let pi-star do it thing by putting W3KIT-N on APRS.FI – now, I am cool with that.

However if I use my FTM-400 or FTM-100 to transmits (I think) pi-star put another SSID “W3KIT-Y” with “car” symbol on APRS.FI with a caption in the comment field “FTM-400D via MMDVM”

If I use my FT2D or FT3, SSID will shows “W3KIT-Y” with “human” symbol on APRS.FI with a caption FT2D via MMDVM.

Is there a way to stop “W3KIT-Y”, I know it came from pi-star. My APRS modem are off. I am sure these radios send out some sort of a digital signature and somehow pi-star capture and sent it off to APRS.FI.

Again, I do not mind being on the map but with 8 hotspots at home one in the car, I do not wish to flood the bandwidth for everyone with my hotspots sending out packets to APRS network every 20 min.

Having W3KIT-Y and W3KIT-N on the very same location would seem redundant.

If all else fail, my last resort would be changing 127.0.0.1 to something like 172.20.20.20 a phony IP address that does not exist in my home network. Not sure what is the side effect would be but it seems to stick never reverted back to the 127.0.0.1 if I touched the Main Configuration page unlike the APRS 0 keeps reverting back to APRS 1.

By the way I looked at github configure.php under ysfGatewayVer I see the different between 20200907 vs 20210130 the old on was "Enable = 0" the new one is "Enable =1"

Is there a reason for that? I do not know anything about programming, so I thought I would ask.
aprs_1.JPG
aprs_1.JPG (70.78 KiB) Viewed 2360 times

Thank you kindly for your time and your work.

73, Kit
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

W3KIT wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:05 am I am still having an issue, seem like I am the only one that is having this issue. I have 8 hotspots at home and 1 in the car. I could reproduce such issue on all of them.

I know it is so boring but please look into possible fix.

For the record, I do not have any problem my location being put on APRS.FI

I have an iGate running at my QTH and APRS from my car, so being on the map is not an issue for me. Beside, not like I can hind my small antenna farm at the QTH or antennas on the car or HAM license plate.

On to the issue. For the life of me, I could not stop APRS 0 from reverting back APRS 1 on YSFGW page if I touched the Main Configuration pate.
So I told me self “Fine be that way” and let pi-star do it thing by putting W3KIT-N on APRS.FI – now, I am cool with that.

However if I use my FTM-400 or FTM-100 to transmits (I think) pi-star put another SSID “W3KIT-Y” with “car” symbol on APRS.FI with a caption in the comment field “FTM-400D via MMDVM”

If I use my FT2D or FT3, SSID will shows “W3KIT-Y” with “human” symbol on APRS.FI with a caption FT2D via MMDVM.

Is there a way to stop “W3KIT-Y”, I know it came from pi-star. My APRS modem are off. I am sure these radios send out some sort of a digital signature and somehow pi-star capture and sent it off to APRS.FI.

Again, I do not mind being on the map but with 8 hotspots at home one in the car, I do not wish to flood the bandwidth for everyone with my hotspots sending out packets to APRS network every 20 min.

Having W3KIT-Y and W3KIT-N on the very same location would seem redundant.

If all else fail, my last resort would be changing 127.0.0.1 to something like 172.20.20.20 a phony IP address that does not exist in my home network. Not sure what is the side effect would be but it seems to stick never reverted back to the 127.0.0.1 if I touched the Main Configuration page unlike the APRS 0 keeps reverting back to APRS 1.

By the way I looked at github configure.php under ysfGatewayVer I see the different between 20200907 vs 20210130 the old on was "Enable = 0" the new one is "Enable =1"

Is there a reason for that? I do not know anything about programming, so I thought I would ask.

aprs_1.JPG

Thank you kindly for your time and your work.

73, Kit
When I add the option it will be to turn off all APRS (by disabling APRSGateway).
If its on in the YSFGateway at all, you will get both the radio GPS and the YSFGateway positions posted, if its off you should get neither.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
W3KIT

Post by W3KIT »

Got it, thanks Andy.

My problem is I could never keeps it to OFF If i touch the main configuration apply changes button.

Kind of strange that only YSFGW do not stick. NXND I changed it to OFF, it always stick and never reverted back.

No big deal, I guess for now I will just change the 127.0.0.1 to something else until a better solution come along.

I can live with that. Appreciated the help.

73, Kit
KB0RTQ

Post by KB0RTQ »

This is still happening for me. PiStar 4.1.6
I can disable APRS in YSFGateway, but after reboot is turns back on and adds a suffix to my callsign. How can this be turned off permanently? I do not wish for my hotspot to transmit APRS...any help would be appreciated!

EDIT -
So I may have discovered something...I'm using a Yaesu FT5 D and the PiStar is in YSF Mode. If I enable YSF2DMR, connect to BM or TFIG and then disconnect and go back to a YSF room, that is when the APRS seems to re-enable itself...Could be coincidence, but that seems to be what's happening...
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Theres 2 ways that the install can push to aprs. So is it pushing via the general config (pushed on startup) or via gps data transmitted from ur radio? (Via the gateway)

If aprs gets an update from startup without any radio transmissions thats coming from the general config, so ensure thats disabled, ot coordinates are set to 0.0

If its coming with radio ptt thats generated in ur radio. simple cure there is to switch off gps position updates in ur radio if disabling it in the gateway isnt doing the trick

I'd be more inclined, given its disabled in the gateway its pushing on startup via the general config. You can check details in
../admin/expert/edit_mmdvmhost.php

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

KB0RTQ wrote:
EDIT -
So I may have discovered something...I'm using a Yaesu FT5 D and the PiStar is in YSF Mode. If I enable YSF2DMR, connect to BM or TFIG and then disconnect and go back to a YSF room, that is when the APRS seems to re-enable itself...Could be coincidence, but that seems to be what's happening...
Yep, that would be because with every save changes the services are stopped and then restarted where ur set values get pulled back in.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.