Loosing Startup Link

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
ZL3REW

Re: Loosing Startup Link

Post by ZL3REW »

This has nothing to do with the reflector servers. We are all using different startup hosts and it still does it. Only just recently happened.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

I have been asked to NOT pre-resolve all the hosts in the YSF list to IP addresses on the update server, in order to help users host YSF hosts on dynamic addresses.

I don't believe that this is a good idea, and will make for un-relyable services, but the argument is that in the spirit of ham and trying stuff out, I should support those hosts on dynamic connections.

So I made the change, and here we are with hosts already being a problem;

KE7FNS let me know that you guys are suffering since this change, I have now added some extra code to the generation for this file, if the host is not resolvable it will be removed from the host file until the resolution works - this should stop this issue from happening any more.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
bg3nct

Post by bg3nct »

OK, thank you, but since the last few days, my pi-star has been running irregularly, and it takes longer to connect to the server,often no link, I don't know what's wrong?
W7DJS

Post by W7DJS »

MW0MWZ and KE7FNS,

Thank you both for taking the time to look into this issue and applying a fix. I ran an update this morning and rebooted my hotspot. Upon reboot it connected to my startup reflector as it normally does. I will keep an eye on it today to make sure it stays connected.

Thank you again for all that you contribute to this hobby.

W7DJS
K5ZIA

Post by K5ZIA »

Appears to be solid here as well. Thanks Andy and Jason!
W7DJS

Post by W7DJS »

Update:

My hotspot dropped the link again and would not re-link using the admin panel. A reboot brought the link backup, but it seems that the issue is still present.

73s
W7DJS
BG2EFX

Post by BG2EFX »

dropped the link again~
9Y4C

Post by 9Y4C »

I have the same issue using DMR2YSF along with DMRGAteway, and when the hotspot connects to the host no audio is passed when I transmit, but receive works fine, I even reset to factory settings and reconfigured, no luck, so for now i can only listen.
Best 73
Dexter
De
9Y4C
W7DJS

Post by W7DJS »

Update -

I tried setting the reload value to 1440 this morning, but it automatically reverts to 60. I have tried this a couple of times and the setting reverts back to its original value. The reflector does not stay linked and still drops. I am no longer able to re-link from the admin screen. Rebooting will eventually re-link, but then it drops back off within the hour.

W7DJS
K5ZIA

Post by K5ZIA »

KD7PMS wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:24 am I tried setting the reload value to 1440 this morning, but it automatically reverts to 60. I have tried this a couple of times and the setting reverts back to its original value.
Odd. I set mine to 1440 yesterday, and it sticks. Says 1440 this morning, even after a reboot. Been rock solid since yesterday, no drops. I know this is not much help - you did apply the change when you set it to 1440?