Analog Repeater to DMR and Vice Versa

k7iou

Analog Repeater to DMR and Vice Versa

Post by k7iou »

We are using dmr to analog and linking to an FM analog repeater via EchoLink and it works great but has about a 3 second delay.
Has anyone successfully interfaced a DMR hotspot to a FM analog repeater with a CAT controller :?:
We would like analog to dmr and vice versa. Regards
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Analog Repeater to DMR and Vice Versa

Post by M1DNS »

How are you linking the two given there is no suppirt in this package for DMR to FM??

Im guessing your using dv switch or similar which will be linking via a netconnection not at an audio level which the FM cat controllers work at.

Also there is no fm ability in a hotspot. Their rf chipset used is not capable of running an FM output

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
k7iou

Post by k7iou »

I guess you missed it in the first sentence?
“ using dmr to analog and linking to an FM analog repeater via EchoLink”
Open spot converts to analog and that is fed into EL at a different location with a different IP.
The repeater has EL and the two are linked by a connection in EL.
The different locations with two different IP’s cuts down on lag time. If they are at the same location on the same IP there is unacceptable lag.
If we can connect to the controller, hardware it should be instantaneous.
Regards
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

No i didnt miss it, you did not say how you are doing DtoA conversion but simply that you are doing it. which is why i asked the question.

This group does not support that device, echolink, outbound controllers or what you are wanting to do. Nothing we do within pistar can help you with your goal.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.