How do I completely disable Wifi on Pistar with 3B Rasp. device

Help setting up WiFi
KB1ILJ

How do I completely disable Wifi on Pistar with 3B Rasp. device

Post by KB1ILJ »

For some reason I can't get the Pi-Star to get or stay connected to the ethernet port. With the ethernet cable plugged in and then power up, it will only poll the port and never connect, and it appears it keeps looking for a wireless connection and since it doesn't have the wifi name or password it never connects to wireless either. I want it connected to Ethernet, and not go over Wifi.
I have Pistar version 4.1.6 loaded. DVMega modem.
It will connect ethernet once and a while, and will work, but not reliably at all. My router and the same cable connected to a different Pi-star with the same configuration works fine - connects to ethernet and works fine.
Any ideas on how to stop it from looking for Wifi and stay on Ethernet?
Thanks in advance.
KB1ILJ

Re: How do I completely disable Wifi on Pistar with 3B Rasp. device

Post by KB1ILJ »

One thing I forgot to mention.

The Green LED on the Pi 3 B board next to the power indicator red LED just flashes constantly - probably the wifi trying to connect.
Once and a while it will connect via ethernet, you can get to the pi-star dashboard, but if you try to get to admin or config - it loses the connection.
The green LED on the ethernet port flashes, the yellow light doesn't come on.
KB1ILJ

Re: How do I completely disable Wifi on Pistar with 3B Rasp. device

Post by KB1ILJ »

I figured out the issue, at least is seems to be fixed. I changed the power supply and the network connection connects immediately and stays connected for the last 20 min. I would take 20 to try to connect before.