adding/removing static TGs fails with "no responce"

Help with DMR issues
n3cla

adding/removing static TGs fails with "no responce"

Post by n3cla »

I am trying to add a TG to my hotspot (v4.1.5) via the hotspot, but it fails with:

BrandMeister APIv1: No Responce

And yes, that is how "response" is spelled in the error. I have green on DMR and DMR Net status on the Admin page and can hear and speak on the existing TGs. I can also key up dynamic TGs.

Trying to remove a static TG has the same error.

Any suggestions on what to check?

Thanks,
John
n3cla

Re: adding/removing static TGs fails with "no responce"

Post by n3cla »

Yes and I even created a new one and updated pistar with it last night. It's been working for about the 6 months I've had it. It's not the end of the wold as I can still make those changes at Brandmeister. I just prefer pistar's interface. And I can't let go of something like this....I need to find out why in order to sleep. :D

Brandmeister shows the hotspot is on-line (green plug icon) and I do get radio traffic through it. I would assume nothing would work if the hotspot security password wasn't set or was wrong.
n3cla

Post by n3cla »

Ok, I'm a dummy. I was confusing hotspot security password with the API key and was only changing the security password. I just created a new API key and it's working.

Thanks for the clue.
kk6qms

Post by kk6qms »

where do you put the key?
kk6qms

Post by kk6qms »

I sorted it in expert BM API- generated and installed a V2 key and all working now. 73
(read pinned post at the top of this DMR related forum)