HELP - I can not get my wifi to work

Help setting up WiFi
KD2QYC

HELP - I can not get my wifi to work

Post by KD2QYC »

Hello all,
I am new to this forum and to DMR. It seems to be a steep learning curve to get things working.

I purchased a new ZumSpot-RPi using a Raspberry Pi 3B+ from HRO last week. In the past few days i have played around with it trying to get it setup to my wireless network. I was able to connect with my laptop to the default connection by dropping my home connection. All appeared to be good but after a few saves and reboots the device becomes unstable and locks up at start up. I was able to get this working again by downloading the latest version of Pi-Star (Ver 4.1.5), reformatting the sd cards (I used two in case of failure) and used WinDisk32Loader to write to the cards.

Long story to short..I connected the hotspot via ethernet direct to my router. I now have this online with a ip assigned via DHCP. Also I can connect to it via any PC on my network (Wired or wireless). My problem is in the configuration screen under wireless configuration it always shows "Interface is down" listed at the Interface Status line. I am unable to refresh, reset or configure the wifi.

Does this sound like there is a hardware issue and I should return the hotspot for replacement? I want to get this up and running fully so I have a new toy to play with.
KD2QYC

Re: HELP - I can not get my wifi to work

Post by KD2QYC »

Thanks for the quick reply. I had turned off the Auto AP to off and rebooted. I had read somewhere that this is recommended if I were to take the hotspot out of my wired network. At some point I would like to use the hotspot tethered to my cell phone date via wifi.

I will try your suggestions. Thanks again.