Connecting to room

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
G6FIR

Connecting to room

Post by G6FIR »

Hi,
I've got the DMR2YSF configuration working nicely now, and I can communicate with Fusion users via my hotspot and DMR transceiver.

This works when I use rooms (nodes? I'm not sure) that are in the hosts list, and are available to set as a startup host using the configuration dropdown YSF Startup host in Yaesu System Fusion Configuration part of the configuration. I found my local repeater in the list of hosts, connected via the hotspot and it all worked.

I know of another YSF enabled repeater that I would like to connect to. It's Wires-X enabled and has a room ID and node ID that I can look up here: https://www.yaesu.com/jp/en/wires-x/id/id_eu.php

However, I can't seem to connect and use this one that is not in the hosts list. Is there anything I can do to get this repeater to connect the same way as my local one?

Thanks,

Pi-Star:4.1.5 / Dashboard: 20211111
W1KMC

Re: Connecting to room

Post by W1KMC »

Find number in your lookup source

if you use DMR2YSF as your DMR Master, in your codeplug create the Group Call Contact with the Fusion Room Number -- if room is Wires-X it won't work hotspots do not do Wires-X, just Fusion, unless the repeater owners set it up correctly to work on their end.

Once contact is created in your CPS, now copy your working 'repeater' room channel and past it as a new one. The only thing you should have to change is the TX contact (different radios call it different things)

Now put this new channel into a Zone, (Save the file), upload to your radio and you should be good to go

I am no expert and do not claim to be, so if this is not the best way, others can weigh in as well.

Good Luck
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
G6FIR

Re: Connecting to room

Post by G6FIR »

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for helping out, you have affirmed for me that I'm getting it right. I think the problem may be just that the room has no activity.