Callsign (and GPS) not showing in Gateway Activity

Help with DMR issues
KN6SPF

Callsign (and GPS) not showing in Gateway Activity

Post by KN6SPF »

Hi there, hoping you can help out. I've scoured the interwebz and these forums without success - and while i'm sure there's an answer out there already I have unfortunately not found it :oops

I've tried to add an image without success, howeve in the Gateway activity I see traffic that looks like

Time Mode Callsign Target
xx:xx DMR TS2 GM4HPK (GPS) TG91
xx:xx DMR TS2 KJ4JWC (GPS) TG91
xx:xx DMR TS2 3188467 TG91

.. with my entry being the last one. As you can see I don't have my callsign and GPS

Few things:
1. I registered my account with BrandMeister and setup the pi-star yesterday (01-Feb)
2. I followed the instructions on Bridgecom to setup APRS on my Anytone 878

Appreciate you either helping me out or pointing me to self-service video/site so I can get this sorted.

Appreciate your support here, i'm having a great time learning all of this!

Adam
G4FDL

Re: Callsign (and GPS) not showing in Gateway Activity

Post by G4FDL »

It takes a day or two for a new ID to propagate to the DMRIds.dat file on your local Pi, run a manual update every few hours or just leave it on overnight for a couple of days and your callsign will appear instead of the ID and so will the link to GPS.
KN6SPF

Post by KN6SPF »

Hi there, just wanted to quickly pass along my thanks - I ran the update from the command line, and while it hasn't updated (yet), i'll give it another 48 hours before I start to wonder what's happening.

Greatly appreciate the prompt responses!

73's
Adam
KN6SPF

Post by KN6SPF »

KE7FNS wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:29 pm I checked the database yesterday when you asked and you were in it.
Yep, it showed up in my gateway this morning - thanks for checking it out!

73's
Adam