pistar DMR Slot 2, overflow in the DMR slot RF queue

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
ki5rko

pistar DMR Slot 2, overflow in the DMR slot RF queue

Post by ki5rko »

Getting this error randomly on my pistar: DMR Slot 2, overflow in the DMR slot RF queue

I just got a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 Rev 1.0 this past week. I got it set up and working with DMR and Brandmeister. After a couple of hours the local RF stops responding. I don't see my keyups on the dashboard any longer, and the 'Service' light LED goes from fast blinking to slow blinking. It still receives static TG's from Brandmeister, but it doesn't hear any of my radio transmissions - no activity on the dashboard when I transmit.

A reboot fixes it for awhile until it happens again. After poking around I found pistar-mmdvmhshatreset. That fixes it without a reboot, but the problem still recurs after some period of time.

Pi software is Pi-Star 4.1.5 Kernel 5.10.63-v7+
Modem type: STM32-DVM / MMDVM_HS - Raspberry Pi Hat (GPIO)
Firmware: 1.5.2
TXCO: 14.7456 MHz

So my question is why does the error occur and how do I fix it?
ki5rko

Re: pistar DMR Slot 2, overflow in the DMR slot RF queue

Post by ki5rko »

I opened it up and looked. I didn't see any markings, but it's possible they're covered up by the LCD screen which is soldered on.

This is it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JG ... UTF8&psc=1
ki5rko

Post by ki5rko »

Here is the info from pistar-findmodem:

Detected MMDVM_HS Port: /dev/ttyAMA0 (GPIO) Baud: 115200 Protocol: V1
Modem Data: MMDVM_HS_Dual_Hat-v1.5.2 20201108 14.7456MHz dual ADF7021 FW by CA6JAU GitID #89daa2000180036470000074E513051
ki5rko

Post by ki5rko »

Sorry I couldn't provide better information. I'm new to this so doing the best I can. I do appreciate your help!

So I tried a couple of things. I did a pistar-mmdvmhshatdowngrade to 1.4.17. I ran it for a couple of hours and it did not crash. Then I ran pistar-mmdvmhshatflash to bring it back up to 1.5.2. It's been running for several hours now and hasn't crashed yet. Not sure if that fixed it, but I'll report back after it's been running for a longer period of time.