OLED with USB TTL Nextion

All things relating to OLED Screen(s)
NI9K

OLED with USB TTL Nextion

Post by NI9K »

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not you can use BOTH an OLED connected to the MMDVM Hat AND an External Nextions screen connected via USB TTL. I was thinking it would be nice to have the OLED for basic information but have an external Nextion connected via USB or powered by USB and connected via Bluetooth in an area away from the actual hotspot itself. The pistar dashboard menu suggests its an either or but when connecting the Nextion via a USB TTL I'm not quite sure why technically you could not do both.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks!

-NI9K
NI9K

Re: OLED with USB TTL Nextion

Post by NI9K »

Thank you for the reply.

I wasn't looking for them to be too far away 5 - 10 feet would probably be fine. I just wanted to put the hotspot out the way and have the main nextion screen in a more convinient spot.

Perhaps you are referring to this?

https://www.dmrscotland.co.uk/wp-conten ... GM0SCA.pdf

Thanks!

-NI9K
NI9K

Post by NI9K »

Well, if it begins to cooperate and you can find it or you have a more elegant idea for a solution, I'd appreciate if you could post.

Thanks Again!

73 de NI9K
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Yes, and ive actually done so myself in a couple of installs using de-tech HC-05 usb to bluetooth serial modules. One connected to the Pi's USB.

With a matching HC05 device on the remote end connected to the screen, both under battery power.

If i remember correctly these were ttl devices so on the pi end i had to first employ a usb to ttl converter (but you'd need one of those if you were to connect the nextion via USB directly to the pi anyways)

The screens mounted to a small acrylic stand sat with me as i worked into a couple hotspots sat in the server closet.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
NI9K

Post by NI9K »

Thank You Andrew, this is exactly what I’m looking to do.
While you are running the Nextion Screen, does the OLED still function and display any other information on it or is it dark while you are using the BT Nextion?

Thanks!

-Nick
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

NI9K wrote:
While you are running the Nextion Screen, does the OLED still function and display any other information on it or is it dark while you are using the BT Nextion?

Thanks!

-Nick
I didnt have any oled screen on my board.
I just ran with the nextion screens.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.