Are there any whitelist functions available in MMDVM?

Help with DMR issues
N6PL

Are there any whitelist functions available in MMDVM?

Post by N6PL »

I have seen various references on the web (no idea of their accuracy) concerning whitelisting functions available in mmdvm.ini, but none of these (i.e. 'Slot1TGWhiteList=' for TG, 'Whitelist=' for DMR ID , etc.) seem to work, and indeed if I recursively grep through the MMDVM source I can find nothing related, even if I look for the simple snippets 'white' or 'list'. Is there any way to restrict access by DMR ID, TG, etc.? Surely there must be, or at least I think there was at one time?

Thanks
N6PL

Re: Are there any whitelist functions available in MMDVM?

Post by N6PL »

Well the issue with not finding the whitelist code was a silly error on my part, looking at MMDVM vs MMDVMHost. Should have caught that because I knew I had seen it in there before.

But regardless, TG restrictions do not seem to be be working. If I place 'Slot2TGWhiteList=310997' in /etc/mmdvmhost I am not restricted to only TG 310997. Whitelist restrictions on DMR ID do seem to be working however.

Edit: Finally figured out the issue, seems to be a Brandmeister quirk. I was restricting TG2 to 310997 (Parrot US) and then testing by attempting to use 9990 (Parrot worldwide), and even though they employ different TG numbers a restriction to 310997 will for some reason not restrict 9990. However this glitch only seems to occur with these special TGs, with other TGs whitelist is working.