Unable to connect to XLX reflectors that have letters in the ID

Help with DMR issues
K5NDA

Unable to connect to XLX reflectors that have letters in the ID

Post by K5NDA »

Hi all!

Recently, I set up an XLX reflector for my local ham club and we intended to use it for D-Star and DMR, with the intention of adding vocoders for cross-mode down the road. The D-Star side works great but DMRGateway will not connect to the reflector.

The reflector has an 'A' in the ID and from what I have been able to gather, DMRGateway has some kind of issue with connecting to an XLX reflector that isn't fully numeric, such as XLXUSA or XLXUS1 or XLXSAT. I've tested connecting to the reflector by spoofing a fully numeric reflector (such as XLX001) in the XLXHosts.txt file and it connects with no issues and I can verify that it's working through the reflector dashboard.

If anyone can help me verify this issue or shed some light on it that would be much appreciated! I haven't dug into the code for DMRGateway, but it almost seems like DMRGateway is handling the XLX reflector ID as an integer only and just doesn't deal with strings or characters in this field.

Thanks!
YL3IM

Re: Unable to connect to XLX reflectors that have letters in the ID

Post by YL3IM »

Hi,

I have had the same issue and asked on XLX support forum. The reply was:
Not your fault. DMRGateway just doesn't support alphanumeric named XLX's, when you try to use one of these on Pi-Star then DMRGateway just crashes on startup.
https://xlxbbs.epf.lu/viewtopic.php?p=2149#p2149
So it looks like DMRGateway issue, not a PiStar one.