New Euronode MMDVD Hotspot

Help with DMR issues
M0BGR

New Euronode MMDVD Hotspot

Post by M0BGR »

I am familiar with DMR but completely new to the world of hotspots, so thanks for adding me to the forum.

I have configured my hotspot by following various You Tube videos etc. and I have had my first QSOs. However, I'm not sure my hotspot is firing on all cylinders so I want to check a few things.

When I power up I get a green 'DMR' on Modes Enabled, which is what I expect as, so far, I have only used DMR (Phoenix). Network status shows 'DMR Net' green, but at this stage TRX is blank under Radio Info - is this correct?

DMR Repeater shows TS2 enabled, green, which is what I expect. DMR Master shows DMR+ IPSC2 Phoenix F, which corresponds to the server I chose. At this stage, I do not hear any traffic.

When I key up my radio on TG235 (for example) TRX goes orange and shows 'Listening DMR' and if I don't key up again it goes to green 'Listening' after a few seconds (I guess this is the hang time, but which one?). Now I do hear traffic, but only on TG235. Is this how it is supposed to work or should I also hear traffic from other Talk Groups?

Thanks for your advice.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: New Euronode MMDVD Hotspot

Post by M1DNS »

Its working as it should.
With each ptt press of a chosen Tg you subscribe to that Tg and it wont move (using a simplex hotspot) until you drop the tg (keyup tg4000) or move it to another tg with another ptt press with a different tg chosen.
So yes basically nothing happens until you activate a Tg.

Totally different with a duplex hotspot as the tg subscription expires after 10_15 mins. For that use case youll need to setup static tgs for any tgs you want to monitor on the server interface if thats provided by the network your using.

You can also set static tgs on a simplex hotspot just make sure you dont set too many, else you'll never work anyone as the statics will be forever holding the TX open with it set TG's.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M0BGR

Post by M0BGR »

Thanks for your reply. Mine is a simplex hotspot and now I am much clearer about how it works.

I guess this means there is no way to scan a selected list of TGs and no promiscuous mode (hear all talk groups) on simplex hotspots.

73 Dave
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Yes you can add tgs to a scan list in ur radio and it will run through any statics you might have set.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.