ID5100

Help with D-Star related issues
W1JOP

ID5100

Post by W1JOP »

It is very possible that this may not be the best place to post this question but i need to start somewhere.

Every time I transmit the Dstar network status banner on the dashboard page will go red for at times up to 2mins. I recently upgraded from an Icom 2820 to the ID5100 the hotspot (Zumspot) worked great with the 2820 and now will not work at all with the 5100. When the banner goes red I get a BER of at least 0.6 which is not much but its the only thing that i see could be causing this issue. I have done all the RX offset fine tune adjustments and cant correct the BER or the network dropping, with the same radio I am using the OpenSPot2 on a completely different reflector and frequency and the OS2 works great very stable the hotspot running Pi-star thats having an issue is a Zumspot, because the OS2 works great I have ruled out a issue with the radio, I am leaning to the idea that pi-star or the Zumspot for whatever reason is not compatiable with this radio.

W1JOP is the OS2
W1JOP B is the Zumspot

I have reset to factory settings on Pi-star, I have done everything and continue to have this problem, I am using PI-Star 4.1.6, the hotspot is in a separate room so it wont get over loaded.

W1JOP