Need Help with connecting MOTOTRBO DR3000 with an mmdvm hotspot

Help with DMR issues
ap2mhc

Post by ap2mhc »

Greetings everyone.

I have an mmdvm hotspot, that I need to connect with the dmr repeater DR3000 mototrbo, I have tried entering the frequency and the repeater id in the hotspot but it doesn't work. the repeater is a local repeater and at present it is not registered on radioid.net as a repeater nor on brandmeister setup. we need it so that we hams in the city can use the repeater via hotspot for connecting to the outside world. Currently, the repeater is locally used among HAMS.

hotspot neither wakes up the repeater nor receives from the repeater even if frequencies and time slot,color code are correctly matched
AF6VN

Re: Need Help with connecting MOTOTRBO DR3000 with an mmdvm hotspot

Post by AF6VN »

Your configuration is not clear... Are you using the hotspot as a repeater controller, hardwired to the TX/RX of the repeater?

The frequency you enter in the hotspot configuration is the frequency you will use to talk to the hotspot from your radio(s). It should not be shared with any other repeater/hotspot in area to avoid causing interference. The DMR ID must be one registered to you (use the SSID field if you have multiple units). If set PRIVATE, only radios using the same DMR ID will get into the hotspot -- if PUBLIC, any DRM ID can get in.

Otherwise I have not read of any DMR hotspot<>specified repeater linkages. Normally the repeater would have been configured (by some user, perhaps) for a talk-grooup (and is connected to one of the DMR hosts -- BrandMeister for example) and the hotspot users would be using the same talk-group/host. Traffic would then go from hotspot to (BM) host, which would turn around and forward it to all repeaters/hotspots that currently have the same talk-group activated. {Note: to my understanding, BM will time-out repeaters that have not had inbound activity on a talk-group after something like 15 minutes, while hotspots will stay on a talk-group regardless of activity -- so you can't just set the repeater once to a talk-group and let it sit, you need to periodically key up the repeater/talk-group}

D-STAR, OTOH, does support call-sign routing and may allow configuring a repeater as a gateway, without going through a reflector.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber