Question about the talkgroup imports from "Anytone Extras"

Help with DMR issues
W0PCD

Question about the talkgroup imports from "Anytone Extras"

Post by W0PCD »

Hi, everyone,

So, I took a look at the Anytone Extras downloads page and have a couple of questions. I know on their CPS, if I import channels, it overwrites what I currently have. My question is, if I import the Brandmeister talkgroups and then say the DMR+ talkgroups, will they overwrite each other (and the talkgroups that I currently have)? I realize that my current talkgroups will be in the BM list, so that much isn't an issue. I guess what I'm really asking is how can I import all of the talkgroups from all of the services, or is that even possible? I have an Anytone AT-D878 (the older version with the blue button) and an Anytone AT-D578 Pro + (the tri-band without GPS/BlueTooth).

THanks and have a great day. :)
Patrick.
AF6VN

Re: Question about the talkgroup imports from "Anytone Extras"

Post by AF6VN »

A link to a sample file would have been useful. The best I found for "Anytone Extras" is on https://www.pistar.uk/downloads/anytone/

Those appear to be comma-separated value (CSV) files. As such they are just text -- you could try opening both in some text editor, and copy/paste the contents of one onto the end of the other, then saving the combined version. If the files have header rows, don't copy the header rows into the other.

You could go further, and open them with Excel (or other spreadsheet), which would allow you to adjust the column sizes for more meaningful on-screen view. I'd have to check one to look for problematic columns (Excel attempts to interpret columns as particular data types, which may not result in the desired results) -- using a blank worksheet and "import" gives one a chance to define each column's data type. Just remember to save the consolidated spreadsheet as a CSV file.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
W0PCD

Re: Question about the talkgroup imports from "Anytone Extras"

Post by W0PCD »

AF6VN wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:11 pm A link to a sample file would have been useful. The best I found for "Anytone Extras" is on https://www.pistar.uk/downloads/anytone/

Those appear to be comma-separated value (CSV) files. As such they are just text -- you could try opening both in some text editor, and copy/paste the contents of one onto the end of the other, then saving the combined version. If the files have header rows, don't copy the header rows into the other.

You could go further, and open them with Excel (or other spreadsheet), which would allow you to adjust the column sizes for more meaningful on-screen view. I'd have to check one to look for problematic columns (Excel attempts to interpret columns as particular data types, which may not result in the desired results) -- using a blank worksheet and "import" gives one a chance to define each column's data type. Just remember to save the consolidated spreadsheet as a CSV file.
Yes, those are the codeplugs. I was hoping to avoid having to merge them, if at all possible. So, I'm assuming that the second one that I import will overwrite the first one, and so on until the last one overwrites everything else.

Have a great day. :)
Patrick.