YSF2DMR Locked into DMR Talk Groups? Resolved

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
K1NRG

YSF2DMR Locked into DMR Talk Groups? Resolved

Post by K1NRG »

If I have YSF and YSF2DMR active (with YSF00002 as Host) it appears that I'm locked into just changing DMR Talk Groups. If I select a Wires-X room number I see 'Connected' but it isn't (no audio in active room). Is there a way to change or connect to Wires-X rooms? I know I can enter '70' in front of a Wires-X Room number if I'm using DMR2YSF or connect directly to a DMR Talk Group without the '70'. I have two separate profiles for my two radios, one for DMR (with DMR2YSF) and one for YSF (with YSF2DMR) but may have to create a third for just YSF if I can't get to rooms with YSF2DMR turned on.

UPDATE: Finally figured it out. Pressing the * on mic keypad disconnects from YSF2DMR then you can enter a different reflector to connect and you are back in YSF mode.
Last edited by K1NRG on Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: YSF2DMR Locked into DMR Talk Groups?

Post by M1DNS »

You need to hit the wires x button agn.

Once to select ysf2dmr, and agn to move the tg.

Back out of wires x mode and come back in agn to disconnect the Tg. move off of YSF2DMR and use it to join to another ysf reflector.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

Thanks for the suggestion Andrew.

Pressing the D-X button (short press) on the 400XD does nothing on the display

Mic keypad #98899# to switch to the WOLFDEN Wires-X room shows TG 98899 on bottom line of 400XD (still in DMR mode)

Long press of D-X button gets out of Wires-X and going back in (another long press) still shows TG 98899 on bottom line.

So the 400XD doesn't seem to be following your procedures to switch from DMR to Wires-X and change rooms - still in Talk Group mode.
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

So, I found this article: https://0x9900.com/ysf-to-dmr-cross-mode-on-pi-star/

Set YSF Host to 98899 WOLFDEN, Passthrough Off. This is incorrect - you must have Passthtough ON in order to change TGs using #TGnumber#

Comes up linked to WOLFDEN

Press Wires-X button (DX on the 400)

Now see room name on bottom line of 400 display.

I can press the down arrow and list all or search for Wires-X rooms.

All good in YSF mode.

Type in Direct 'YSF2DMR' from Search/Direct and it shows found. Tap on it and it connects, and dashboard changes YSF Network from WOLFDEN to YSF2DMR. Article says I should now be in TG 235 (selected in Config), which I am and can hear traffic.

So I'm not sure if it's been implemented yet but I can't figure out how to select a Wires-X Room on the radio once in a TalkGroup. Using the mic keypad will only change TGs and doesn't recognize Room Numbers. You can't enter a Room name or number via the Search/Direct button as all attempts show 'No Data' so it's still in DMR mode (Dashboard shows YSF Network as YSF2DMR).

The only way I can change back to YSF and select a different room is to use the Dashboard Admin mode and select the Reflector and request a change to the link. That works (shows on Dashboard and bottom line on radio display) but the down arrow to Search/Direct no longer works nor does the TX on the Mic until I long press DX to exit Wires-X then long press DX again to go back into Wires-X then the room change is active and Search/Direct works. This method is fine as long as I'm sitting at my desk and can bring up the Pi-Star tab in browser to quickly change reflector, but if I take the 400XD mobile it becomes an issue having to run a browser on the phone to make the change rather than just using the radio (if it's possible).

It would be great if there is a way to link back to a Wires-X Room using the radio while in YSF2DMR mode on the radio, but I haven't figured it out yet.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

YSF2DMR puts you on a DMR network. There are no rooms with DMR, only TG's
You need to drop out of YSF2DMR mode to get back to YSF only.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

Andrew, yes I'm aware of how that all works. Obvious that you only get TGs in DMR mode as described in previous post.

I'm trying to find a way to drop out of DMR and get back to YSF using the radio instead of going to Admin and Requesting a Reflector Change in the browser on the PC (which is the only way I have found that works). Leaving Wires-X mode on radio then going back into Wires-X mode puts you right back into the TG you were already in. Doesn't unlink from DMR.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Back out of wires x mode
Then come back in agn
Select a ysf reflector.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

M1DNS wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:18 am Back out of wires x mode
Then come back in agn
Select a ysf reflector.
When I do that I'm still in DMR and can only select TGs no way to select a YSF reflector.

Not sure if that's a 'feature' to allow you to go out and come back in where you left off in the same TG or if it isn't working properly by not allowing you to select a different YSF reflector once you're back in.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

K1NRG wrote:
Not sure if that's a 'feature' to allow you to go out and come back in where you left off.

No its not a feature, the point of wires x linking is to move the connection.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

Finally figured it out. Pressing the * on mic keypad disconnects from YSF2DMR then you can enter a different reflector to connect and you are back in YSF mode.