Need help with multiple DMR networks

Help with DMR issues
AE2T

Need help with multiple DMR networks

Post by AE2T »

I've been running a Pi-Star/MMDVM Dual Hat hotspot for quite a while now. It's on the Brandmeister network.
Recently, I learned the local club has a talkgroup on TGIF.
I also found out that a local repeater group is using a mix of FreeDRM, TGIF, and XLX reflectors.

I'd really like to get my hotspot to work on at least TGIF and Brandmeister at the same time, but I haven't had much luck.
I think I can make it work on TGIF alone. At least I can hear converstions and I show up in the selfcare screen.
Brandmeister has been working for ages, but I took it off to play with the TGIF.
Whenever I put the DMR configuration in DMR-Gateway mode, I can't get TGIF any more. I can add DMR+ or Brandmeister or even an XLX Master (although I don't have any idea how to make that work, or have a DStar radio to test it with.)
I'm also not clear on how to go between networks in the radio codeplug. It seems like much of the information I have been able to find is often incomplete, unclear, or outdated.

Is this something that is doable, or should I just go back to the setup I had that works on BM?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Need help with multiple DMR networks

Post by M1DNS »

You can use Dmrgateway and swap network2 out for a TGIF address instead of it defaulted DMR+

Alt. you could add tgrewrites to allow a single network on each timeslot of ur duplex setup.

Or add another network with a new set of rewrite rules and cover all 3 networks simultaneously.
Ps. If you setup a 3rd network in dmrgateway, leave net3 blank and setup what yiu need in net4 or 5.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
AE2T

Post by AE2T »

M1DNS wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:23 am You can use Dmrgateway and swap network2 out for a TGIF address instead of it defaulted DMR+

Alt. you could add tgrewrites to allow a single network on each timeslot of ur duplex setup.

Or add another network with a new set of rewrite rules and cover all 3 networks simultaneously.
Ps. If you setup a 3rd network in dmrgateway, leave net3 blank and setup what yiu need in net4 or 5.

Those things sound promising. Where would I find out how to do them?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Have a look at our official pistar video youtube channel W1MSG. Craig has produced a lot of video content there for us over these past yrs.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.