Banana Pi and Pi-Star

General support for the Pi-Star System
m0ppr

Banana Pi and Pi-Star

Post by m0ppr »

Hi All, for obvious reasons I decided to buy a Banana Pi, it works for what I need (not pi-star related project) but I could not resist and I checked if it would work with Pi-Star - it sounds like it does not work. Is there any solution to run pi-star on banana-pi?

PS. In case somebody does not know, Banana Pi is a clone of Raspberry Pi
AF6VN

Re: Banana Pi and Pi-Star

Post by AF6VN »

m0ppr wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:36 am PS. In case somebody does not know, Banana Pi is a clone of Raspberry Pi
Apparently not a "clone". A "work-alike" at the user level, perhaps. Note that the Pi-Star download page has (out-dated) builds for NanoPI, Odroid, and Orange-Pi, indicative that they too are not clones.

Looking at the Banana-Pi web site, none of their products use a Broadcom SoC, so the actual processor boot and device tree settings are likely quite different from a Raspberry-Pi (the R-Pi actually loads the first stage boot into the GRAPHICS processor, and IT then configures the ARM processor(s) is the SoC before loading second stage boot into RAM and transferring control to the ARM).

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Banana Pi and Pi-Star

Post by M1DNS »

m0ppr wrote:
PS. In case somebody does not know, Banana Pi is a clone of Raspberry Pi
The only similarity to a rasp. Pi is its also a SBC.

We currently do not offer support for the hardware you mention, neither are we looking to support any other SBCs than what we cater to currently.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.