DMR hotspot

Help with DMR issues
2E0WHN

DMR hotspot

Post by 2E0WHN »

So after a year of not using DMR I am back on.

What problem I have is not the connection to the Pi star I have, but connecting to the network. The Pi picks up my TX and shows it on dashboard. This can be seen in the screen capture below. Also the next image shows the DMR setting. But it seems on the Brandmeister network when I input my number I am not showing up. I assume this may not be a problem or it is and I have gone wrong somewhere.

SO do I have a problem with my setup as so far I have connected with the hotspot but getting onto the network and communicating ETC is, to me, another problem that I need help with.

***It seems I can not attach images to post***
DMR ID: 2347152

As a child I was made to walk the plank.
We couldn't afford a dog.
AF6VN

Re: DMR hotspot

Post by AF6VN »

Have you provided a Hotspot security password -- the old default BM password in Pi-Star is no longer valid.
Hotspots and Repeaters Passwords – Important change on October 1st 2021

Over the past few months, the default password “passw0rd” used for MMDVM, Homebrew, and Kairos connections has been progressively removed from BrandMeister DMR Master Servers. This process will be completed by October 1st 2021.

Below are the details of which devices will be affected with this change, and how to address it.
MMDVM, Homebrew Hotspot users (which includes OpenSpot, Pi-Star, BlueDV, ZumSpot, etc.)

If you have not yet specified a hotspot password in your BrandMeister Selfcare, please do so by following the steps in this article. You will also find explanations on configuring your personalized password for the Openspot, Pi-Star and BlueDV.
While you are on BM defining a password, you should also generate a new BM API key to be installed into Pi-Star.
BrandMeister User API keys

This article was originally published on 03/2018 and has been updated on 08/2022 to add key versions.
What are users API keys ?

Any BrandMeister user can generate an API key. A key is a long string of characters that is unique to a Brandmeister user account. This digital key allows a third-party application to read and update the data on the corresponding Brandmeister Account (such as your list of hotspots, repeaters, your static talkgroups, etc.).

API keys were first introduced in Brandmeister in 2018, as API v1. In August 2022, developers improved the API features and created API v2, which changed the keys format. API keys created after 2022/08/19 are in v2 format. Keys created prior to this date are in v1 format.
Will API v1 be retired?

To ensure a smooth transition, API v1 keys created prior to 2022/08/19 will still be working for several months. They are no longer visible in the user’s self-care account, but they are still active.

While there is no set date for retiring API v1, we strongly encourage everyone to upgrade their keys to API v2 as soon as possible.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: DMR hotspot

Post by M1DNS »

Yep, im betting on it. :-)

Personal hotspot security passcode, or rather the fact you havnt set one in ur selfcare acc.

If its not that, check airsecurity hasnt been activated in the acc. whilst ur there.

Also ensure you have an acc. setup with radioid and its currently set to active.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.