Pi-star admin/configuration page

General support for the Pi-Star System
KK7IAA

Pi-star admin/configuration page

Post by KK7IAA »

My husband and I cannot get into the admin/configuration page all of a sudden since Tuesday and it is getting really frustrating.

Please help all we get is site can't be reached. We have reset internet, cleared history, cleared passwords on browser, changed to different browser. Nothing is working.

Thanks
KK7IAA
G8SEZ

Re: Pi-star admin/configuration page

Post by G8SEZ »

Do you know what the IP address is supposed to be for the Pi-Star, if you do try pinging it from the command line, if you're using Windows you will want to run cmd.exe

If that doesn't show anything then maybe see if your router has allocated a different IP address via its DHCP menu to look at the allocated addresses.
--

Brian G8SEZ
KK7IAA

Post by KK7IAA »

Hi there, I am sorry I didn't answer until now. My husband came home early yesterday and we were trying different things, he got his hotspot sorta working, but then he gets kicked out of the Admin dashboard. Then trying to get my pi-star to boot up, it won't boot up. I looked for the Ip address and it seems it does not have one on my router. The pi-star is no longer even coming up as a connection point.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

KK7IAA wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:13 pm Hi there, I am sorry I didn't answer until now. My husband came home early yesterday and we were trying different things, he got his hotspot sorta working, but then he gets kicked out of the Admin dashboard. Then trying to get my pi-star to boot up, it won't boot up. I looked for the Ip address and it seems it does not have one on my router. The pi-star is no longer even coming up as a connection point.
If it won't boot up, is it setting up its own WiFi network? It should do this (if the setting hasn't been disabled), so try searching for it using a phone WiFi app.

More info here:

viewtopic.php?t=3287
--

Brian G8SEZ
KK7IAA

Post by KK7IAA »

G8SEZ wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:21 pm
KK7IAA wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:13 pm Hi there, I am sorry I didn't answer until now. My husband came home early yesterday and we were trying different things, he got his hotspot sorta working, but then he gets kicked out of the Admin dashboard. Then trying to get my pi-star to boot up, it won't boot up. I looked for the Ip address and it seems it does not have one on my router. The pi-star is no longer even coming up as a connection point.
If it won't boot up, is it setting up its own WiFi network? It should do this (if the setting hasn't been disabled), so try searching for it using a phone WiFi app.

More info here:

viewtopic.php?t=3287
So, I'm getting closer to being connected, my pi star is showing up in my router and has an Ip address, but I still cannot get into the admin dashboard.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

KK7IAA wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:24 pm
So, I'm getting closer to being connected, my pi star is showing up in my router and has an Ip address, but I still cannot get into the admin dashboard.
Can you ping it from a command prompt?
--

Brian G8SEZ
KK7IAA

Post by KK7IAA »

G8SEZ wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:22 am
KK7IAA wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:24 pm
Can you ping it from a command prompt?
I can try later today after work. Can you tell me what I would type in the command prompt to ping it? Today I will be buying a 16g micro sd card as there is no room for the specific image for my pi star after writing the OS onto it.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

The pistar image sits at just below 1.8gb.

so unless ur running a smaller than 2gb card there shouldnt be an issue also bearing in mind its difficult to buy a sd card lower than 4gb these days, so agn. Card size Shouldnt be an issue.

If the sd card is showing low on space try using the pistar-expand command which will expand the image partition to use all available space on the card.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KK7IAA

Post by KK7IAA »

M1DNS wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:00 am The pistar image sits at just below 1.8gb.

so unless ur running a smaller than 2gb card there shouldnt be an issue also bearing in mind its difficult to buy a sd card lower than 4gb these days, so agn. Card size Shouldnt be an issue.

If the sd card is showing low on space try using the pistar-expand command which will expand the image partition to use all available space on the card.

The reason there is no space is the Raspberry pi os installed has taken up all the space on an 8g sd card. I am working on trying just the image I downloaded from Pi star. So we will see
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

KK7IAA wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:21 pm
M1DNS wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:00 am The pistar image sits at just below 1.8gb.

The reason there is no space is the Raspberry pi os installed has taken up all the space on an 8g sd card. I am working on trying just the image I downloaded from Pi star. So we will see
It will expand the partition to the whole card on first boot, but it's not actually full unless you have some log files that have filled it.
--

Brian G8SEZ