Dashboard

M1REJ

Dashboard

Post by M1REJ »

Hi all can anyone help me ?? our do i get my Dashboard to come up on pc !! as i want to set new Wifi as i have a new Router?? tfhe old one worked fine till it gave up the Ghost 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
AF6VN

Re: Dashboard

Post by AF6VN »

M1REJ wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:33 pm Hi all can anyone help me ?? our do i get my Dashboard to come up on pc !! as i want to set new Wifi as i have a new Router?? tfhe old one worked fine till it gave up the Ghost 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • Disconnect your computer from the network and see if its WiFi system can find the Pi-Star's access point, which should be what it defaults to if it can't find a WiFi access point to use for network connectivity. Connect to that access point, configure WiFi parameters, reboot & reset the computer back to the router access point (this presumes you are using WiFi on the main computer -- I prefer CAT-5 cable runs to reduce the load on WiFi traffic)
  • If your R-Pi has an Ethernet port, connect a CAT-5 cable to and the router (again, I presume the router has some Ethernet ports); look in the router's config pages for connected nodes to find the IP address or name of the R-Pi; connect to that IP/name and configure WiFi parameters
  • Take the SD card out of the R-Pi, put it into a card reader on the main computer. There should be a FAT partition readable by the computer. Use the "WiFi builder" to configure a WPA_SUPPLICANT file. Copy that file into the FAT partition. Eject card, reinstall in R-Pi, boot R-Pi.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber