Loss & BER Not Showing on Dashboard

General support for the Pi-Star System
K9OJ

Loss & BER Not Showing on Dashboard

Post by K9OJ »

The dashboard is showing dashes instead of the "Loss" and "BER". Anyone know why this would happen? What is Pi-Star's source for the Loss and BER? Pi-Star is up to date for upgrades & updates. Thanks in advance for the help.

Rob K9OJ
G8SEZ

Re: Loss & BER Not Showing on Dashboard

Post by G8SEZ »

K9OJ wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:46 am The dashboard is showing dashes instead of the "Loss" and "BER". Anyone know why this would happen? What is Pi-Star's source for the Loss and BER? Pi-Star is up to date for upgrades & updates.
These will come over from the modem running on the HAT.
--

Brian G8SEZ
ke8dpf

Post by ke8dpf »

The values, when present, come from the /var/log/pi-star/MMDVM-YYYY-MM-DD.log. Anything written to that log comes from the underlying MMDVMHost demon process. (Pi-star is only a front-end to configure that demon, and display what the demon puts in the log.) The issue is that not every mode writes Loss and BER values to that log.

P25, for example, does not log values for BER. NXDN does not record either Loss or BER. Pi-star can therefore not display values for these, where none are logged.
K9OJ

Post by K9OJ »

Thank you KE8DPF, I'll take a look at the MMDVM log just to make sure the data isn't there.
K9OJ

Post by K9OJ »

KE8DPF, I checked my M17 MMDVM log (no BER and Loss data) and the log from my DMR hotspot which did have the BER and Loss data in the log and showing on the dashboard. Thank you for the very accurate answer to my question.

73 de K9OJ
ke8dpf

Post by ke8dpf »

Glad to help.