Configuring a P25 Gateway With a Duplicate CCS7 and Callsign

Help with P25 issues
Km6yso

Configuring a P25 Gateway With a Duplicate CCS7 and Callsign

Post by Km6yso »

I'm hoping the P25 User Family can help with this question:

I've built and deployed a P25 reflector for our local P25 user group which is working fine when accessed via digital access nodes (pistar, open spot). Now I am building a P25 RF gateway (high powered hotspot) that will be deployed to connect stations operating through our repeater, to our reflector. Given that the repeater operates under one of our user's callsign, I had planned to configure the gateway to also operate (as an extension to the repeater) under his callsign and CCS7 ID. However, I'm wondering how this will work when he connects to the reflector via his local node while the gateway is also connected??? From the reflector's point of view, there will be a duplicate connection using the same callsign, but I'm thinking that from a network standpoint, each connection will be unique based on it's IP address and therefore each will have a different UDP flow associated with it and hence, it shouldn't matter that there are "duplicate" IDs... At least this is my working theory. Any thoughts or direction on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dan
KM6YSO
Digital modes:
P25, Fusion, AllStar
Radios:
Yaesu FTM400, FTM300, FT70D
Kenwood TM-D710GA
Motorola XTL5000, XTS2500, HT1250
Km6yso

Re: Configuring a P25 Gateway With a Duplicate CCS7 and Callsign

Post by Km6yso »

As an update to my original post; we have successfully deployed a P25 reflector and client node using the same CCS7/DMR user ID with no ill effects.

Dan
Digital modes:
P25, Fusion, AllStar
Radios:
Yaesu FTM400, FTM300, FT70D
Kenwood TM-D710GA
Motorola XTL5000, XTS2500, HT1250