Can I Access A Brandmeister Connected DMR Repeater (Local 9) On A PiStar Hotspot?

Help with DMR issues
N0JS

Can I Access A Brandmeister Connected DMR Repeater (Local 9) On A PiStar Hotspot?

Post by N0JS »

As posted above, there is a DMR repeater near me that is on Brandmeister.

If you use a traditional radio, TGID 9 (Local 9), will access just that repeater.

Can I access just that one, single repeater using PiStar?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Can I Access A Brandmeister Connected DMR Repeater (Local 9) On A PiStar Hotspot?

Post by M1DNS »

No. on BM tg9 local (as the name suggests) stays local it doesnt route over the network. As a rf rptr user you'd be heard and repeated back out via the rptr and anyone can hear you on the rptrs output (provided they are rxing tg9) but you wont be routed out over the network.

Theres no way to link directly to a rptr over the network. Only thing you can do is link the hotspot to a known tg (tg91 and up) carried by the rptr, then what goes into that Tg comes out via the rptr.

Some rptr keepers are using a recent BM suggesttion as using the rptrs 6digit ID as a tg. then setting that Tg as a static in their rptr. This way the rptr kinda has its own Tg for its own userbase. Meaning you can use its ID/ Tg on the network and pretty sure to be transmitted back out through that specific rptr. But obvs this is something that needs be set by the rptr keeper himself and the userbase need have the 6digit tg added to their radios rx group.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.