Anytone 878 was working great on BM TGs Aursinc hotspot, but not now

Help with DMR issues
K0AMY

Anytone 878 was working great on BM TGs Aursinc hotspot, but not now

Post by K0AMY »

*******First of all let me say the radio has been working perfectly since I got it 6 months ago. I've been using it directly off the repeaters, and on Brandmeister Talk Groups. Everything seemed to be fine - no complaints.*****

I'm having a problem with my Anytone 878 DMR radio using a Aursinc jumbo hotspot and my local radio club codeplug. All digital channels are on LOW.
However, in the past few weeks the problem seems only while using the hotspot and trying to access talk groups. I have difficulty kerchunking to access the pi-star dashboard - even on talk groups I know to have a high probability of little or no traffic. After 15 -20ish kerchunks I sometimes do access the dashboard, but.....
1. I start TX, but get dropped usually within 7-10 seconds,
2. the BER % is in the red and showing 10.4, 7.2, 6.9, 13.4, 7.3, 11.3 etc....
3. The Loss always shows 0%
4. Sometimes the clock starts, sometimes not.
5. The 4 information boxes on the left side of the screen all show green.
6. If I do get on the dashboard and just leave the radio alone but still on the TG, sometimes after a while I will start hearing calls.
7. Also, I have rebooted the hotspot, the Pi-Star Dashboard, and the router, but I don't see that that helps.

So, I'm wondering if the RX/TX offsets need tweaking? I remember reading that sometimes that is necessary, but I have not done anything to the settings. Am I even on the right track? I have some info on how to do that, but again, not sure I'm even on the right track. Is there is any troubleshooting I can do besides the offsets??
Has anyone tweaked the RX/TX offsets for this Aursinc hotspot, and if so what # range? Firmware V4.1.5
Any suggestions appreciated, Amy Rasmussen, K0AMY
AF6VN

Re: Anytone 878 was working great on BM TGs Aursinc hotspot, but not now

Post by AF6VN »

As I recall, "LOSS" refers to lost packets on the network side of things.

For offset -- if the "tuning" software is incompatible (as it is with my DV-MEGA) it's basically binary search... Test +/- 1000; whichever side seems better, retry at 500, 250 (if that gets worse, try 750), 125, etc.

http://www.k9npx.com/2019/02/hotspot-of ... ation.html

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber