Retevis RT82 Programming Query !!

General support for the Pi-Star System
G8CVF

Retevis RT82 Programming Query !!

Post by G8CVF »

Retevis RT82 programming.

I am 'tearing my hair out' trying to program this little beast help would be appreciated PLEASE.

I have completed the 'Group List' fine which I would have thought would AUTOMATICALLY have duplicated my work into the' Zone list' but it's not there and the Zone list remains blank, so I cannot go any further. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole program but no joy.

HELP PLEASE THANK YOU !!!

Peter G8CVF
G8SEZ

Re: Retevis RT82 Programming Query !!

Post by G8SEZ »

Peter, if you have a look at the DMR handhelds on the Moonraker site, there is a downloadable set of programming and information on those pages.

One such is this link:

https://moonrakeronline.com/amfile/file ... duct/6391/

reached from this page:

https://moonrakeronline.com/anytone-at- ... -hand-held

If you don't find it there you need to look for the Anytone AT868UV/AT878UV programming guide, which explains it, this was in the big download but may have been dropped. It should be searchable on the net.

Try here:

https://bit.ly/2OZ7FxK

This is a document explaining how to create a codeplug, the sequence is essentially that you first create a set of contacts (talkgroups), then channels, then add channels to make a zone. The Rx Grouplist (which I think is what you are talking about) is a list of talkgroups (DMR contacts) that will be recognised and open the squelch if different from the contact (talkgroup) used on the channel you have selected.

HTH
--

Brian G8SEZ
G8CVF

Post by G8CVF »

Thank you Brian. Yes I have seen these downloads and they would be great if they were for the RT82 unfortunately they are for a totally different download executable a pity.

I do know the theory of Codeplugs and have completed my own for the 380, HD1, Motorola and Hytera but the RT82 has beaten me. Programming it should be straightforward and the 'work' should automatically go from page to page during the writing but it goes as far as the Group List and no further. If you look at any of the RT82 setup YouTube video's you'll see what I mean.

I did or TRIED to do a mock codeplug using gobbledegook but even that failed at Group List ??

Very good of you to take the time to provide such an excellent reply you have spent some time compiling it and I'm very grateful, my compliments and thanks.

Regards Peter G8CVF
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

Looking at the manual, that radio looks an awful lot like the ancient Tyt MD-2017...

I'd suggest skipping group lists until you have the core function working: that is -- TalkGroups/contacts, Channel definition using said talk groups, and Zone definition.

On the MD-2017, the group list is /talk groups/ with no linkage to channels. The Zone list, OTOH, uses defined CHANNELS, not talk groups. You must go in the sequence: talk group, channel, THEN zone list. The group list gets specified in each CHANNEL definition.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
G8CVF

Post by G8CVF »

Ah thank you Dennis.

Yes you are correct well done it is the much improved 2017 I bought the RT82 for the car and to STAY in the car not then afraid of loosing it should someone think it's a CB. - Well observed.

Unfortunately the software will not allow any jittery pokerry and has to be set up in the correct sequence it only allowing me to go half way before it stops entering the data and no further, I cannot see a way to avoid being 'stuck' I have done lots of codeplugs over the past years mainly commercial but this has me beaten completely.

Thanks again Dennis Peter G8CVF