Network Status - DMR Net

Help with DMR issues
KO3F

Network Status - DMR Net

Post by KO3F »

I'm using DMR on the Brandmeister network. Hotspot is a Raspberry Pi 3B using V4.1.6 Pistar Dashboard 20221114. I have Brandmeister password set up in both Selfcare and Pistar. Also have Brandmeister API in Pistar. About once per week, I'll look at the dashboard and see the Network Status - DMR Net in yellow. By going into the Configuration tab - DMR Configuration, by just clicking on the Apply Changes button (without actually making any changes), the Network Status - DMR Net reverts to green and I start seeing traffic again. Is there something I can do to avoid this problem without trying to burn a new SD card? It's more of an annoyance than anything. Thanks for any suggestions.
KN2TOD

Re: Network Status - DMR Net

Post by KN2TOD »

Mostly likely you are losing your Internet connection, even if intermittently: your ISP issues a reset of some sort, the lease on your IP address expires and you get a new address, or your wifi connection drops momentarily because of poor reception, or you have a duplicate IP address somewhere. Most of the time Pi-Star recovers from such interruptions, from most of those situations, but not every time, not always.

Re-imaging isn't going to solve this; review your network and its chain of connections to see if there might be something going on external to your HS. Might be something as simple as shutting and restarting your entire network to get everything back to working together properly. Or simply moving your HS somewhere else.

All this from my personal experience; perhaps others may have something different to add here?
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

You could try having a live log window open in another browser tab, it could give you a clue about what is happening.

If you have access to the LAN somewhere then Wireshark can probably capture the details but it needs to be configured and the packet capture filtered to make any sense. Google could probably help with this or even the Wireshark help menu.
--

Brian G8SEZ
KO3F

Post by KO3F »

OK Thanks...I'll investigate further.
KN2TOD

Post by KN2TOD »

Might be easier to simply browse the logs:

Code: Select all

egrep -e "MMDVM|Opening |Closing | Logged|Login" /var/log/pi-star/MMDVM*
The last line should be something like "DMR, Logged into the master successfully". If not, try restarting the host task:

Code: Select all

sudo systemctl restart mmdvmhost.service
Give it a minute or two and then rerun the scan from above to check, or go back to the dashboard and check there.
KO3F

Post by KO3F »

Thanks, will do!