dmr to Dstar Ref24A

Help with DMR issues
wa7ind

dmr to Dstar Ref24A

Post by wa7ind »

Hi all,
I hope this is going to the right place.
First let me tell you what I want to do then tell you where I am at so far
I am a member of the region 5 auxcom net. Every other sunday thay run 4 nets. They stat on 60 meters, then move to 40 meters then D-Star and finally DMR I have a TYT MD UV380 radio and a pi-star hotspot I have no problems with the DMR Net. I also have my phone and computer loaded with DroidStar. I can also get in to the DMR net with DroidStar. I originally could get in to the D-Star Ref24A net using DroidStar. A while back something was changed and U can still listen to the net but not transmit I was told it was because DroidStar is a software modem. so I thought maybe I can go in on my hotspot with DMR and go out on Rev24A After several days of research and programing the hotspot I have it working on DMR, DMR+, XLX, and DMR2NXDN modes I believe I have tested all modes and am pretty sure they all work. I have programed code plugs for my radio and they seem to work.
So my question is What further programing do I need to do to my radio to make this work, or is there anything else I need to do to the hotspot? I am running the hotspot in simplex mode. I have never tried the duplex mode but can try and get it working duplex if that is necessary. Hopefully I have covered it all here. Thanks in advance for any help
Ralph
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: dmr to Dstar Ref24A

Post by M1DNS »

There is no DMR to DSTAR mode because of incompatibility between both, new Vs older codecs.

XLX reflectors have an ability to convert between the two as they can make use of additional features / hardware written in.
Hardware features that arent part of ur hotspot.

TMK there are no REF refectors that offer DMR to DSTAR conversion.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
VK7HSE

Re: dmr to Dstar Ref24A

Post by VK7HSE »

XLX Reflectors permit bidirectional cross mode, but not without dedicated hardware in the form of ambe server that uses a pair of ambe3000 devices. Two are required as one is for RX & the other for TX. Without the additional hardware the modes remain unabridged, the ambe server is the magic glue to make it work!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk