Pi zero mmdvm

Help with the Orange Pi Zero
AA8NN

Pi zero mmdvm

Post by AA8NN »

Hello, I recently bought a Hotspot with a mmdvm hat and orange pi zero board. It didn't come with any instructions, just a little information on what it was made with. I turned out this was wrong. It said it had a raspberry pi zero when it was indeed a orange pi zero. I was having problems getting it going so I tried a different SD card with raspberry pi version of pi star. Of course it did nothing. I looked at things a bit closer and discovered it was a orange pi. So I loaded up orange pi zero version, but can't get anything a working either. Even tried a new SD card from the store. Is there a different way of setting up the orange pi zero platform? The only experience I have with Hotspots is with a DV mega ran with a raspberry pi 4. Thanks for your time. AA8NN
KN2TOD

Re: Pi zero mmdvm

Post by KN2TOD »

Have you tried the beta version: <https://www.pistar.uk/beta/Pi-Star_Oran ... b-2021.zip>?
AA8NN

Post by AA8NN »

I'll give it a try. Thanks!
AA8NN

Post by AA8NN »

I formatted the SD card and tried the beta version. Same thing, screen says loading for 30 minutes. Nothing pops up on my wifi for setup, and can't get anything typing pi-star. Local in my address bar. Any other ideas? Thanks Dustin
G4FDL

Post by G4FDL »

Do you have a monitor you can connect via HDMI?
AA8NN

Post by AA8NN »

No. But I can probably get one to use temporarily.
AA8NN

Post by AA8NN »

After looking at the board I see no hdmi socket. All I have is the two USB and a rj45.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

AA8NN wrote:After looking at the board I see no hdmi socket. All I have is the two USB and a rj45.
If you have an onboard rj45 port ur not running a pi zero board, as they do not have one.

So which pi board are you actually running?

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
AA8NN

Post by AA8NN »

I'm running a orange pi zero. I thought it was a raspberry pi zero because that's what the add Said when I bought it. Now that I know it is a orange pi zero, I'd like to know if I ruined it putting the wrong software in it by mistake. As well as if it is a different procedure than a raspberry pi board to set up. I can't get anything other than loading on the lcd screen after many tries of reflashing orange pi zero version of software on many different SD cards. Thanks for taking time to help me out. I have limited experience with this stuff.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

The raspberry pi image wont run on a orange pi.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.