Roger beep?

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
PE1GFP

Roger beep?

Post by PE1GFP »

I use (amoung others) a ZumSpot on a Raspberry Pi Zero 2, built together as a whole, like a hat for the Pi.

Much to my satisfaction I must say. I use DMR, DStar, and YSF mainly.

Now, on YSF there is a loud beep, at the end of each transmission, also known to me as a 'roger beep'. I usually listen out on YSF23501.
Come to think of it, it is at the beginning of the transmission.

Can this beep be switched off in one (or more) of the config files? I haven't found it yet. It is not generated anywhere else, in my opinion, I own a OpenSpot 2 as well as an OpenSpot 4 (pro), which don't have the beep. I cannot find it in my radio settings, either apart from the intended roger beep settings ofcourse, which have no influence over this beep.

Thank you, PE1GFP
KK6RQ

Re: Roger beep?

Post by KK6RQ »

I'm not a Fusion user, but I expect my experience on P25 is more or less applicable; on all transmissions, Pi-Star switches from the digital mode it's using to analog FM for a quick beep. If I have my radios set in mixed mode RX, I'll hear that beep, so I need to have that channel set to digital RX. No more beep. Since I'm pretty sure Fusion repeaters can operate mixed mode, it's probably a default setting in the software but it just doesn't apply with a hotspot.

Bob
KK6RQ
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

No the above reply is completly incorrect, there is no switching to fm for a beep.

Youll find the ability to switch off the beep in the radios menu. The beep isnt generated within pistar.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K5ZIA

Post by K5ZIA »

And turn off AMS on your radio. Use straight DN mode.
W3KIT

Post by W3KIT »

Not sure what radio you have. Most will be in TX/RX setting , look for Standby Beep, you can turn it off. It won't beep any more after you let go of PTT.

AMS on it will beep when you first RX signal, off it won't.

GL , 73.