Logging into Dashboard

All IP networking related issues
NO8J

Logging into Dashboard

Post by NO8J »

I've had this Zumspot now for several years and it has been awesome! I periodically switch from DMR to YSF to D-Star and need to get into the configuration menu.

Lately, when I put the IP address of the Zumspot into my browser, it refuses to connect. I know the IP address is good because I see it in my router as well as on the display of the Zumspot itself. But, if I simply type in "pi-star" into my browser it immediately connects. What has changed and causing this?

Otherwise the Zumspot works fine. Appreciate any and all help!

73, de NO8J
KN2TOD

Re: Logging into Dashboard

Post by KN2TOD »

What do you see in the dashboard when you hover over the "hostname" label in the Gateway Hardware Info section? Does it match what you're expecting?

My bet is that the specific, hard-coded IP address you've been using has been reassigned to some other device because of a reset, reboot or outage on your network or the usual address lease expiration; the address displayed on the display doesn't always reflect the current IP address if the HS has been running for a bit and its IP address expires and it gets a new, different "lease" address and there is no activity that would cause the display to refresh - what's displayed can be "stale".