DV-RPTR V2 on PIstar -> raspPI 4

DVR-PTR V1, V2 and V3 Support
on7fq

DV-RPTR V2 on PIstar -> raspPI 4

Post by on7fq »

I dusted off an old Dstar repeater, consisting of 2 Motorola GM340 devices, connected to a DVRPTR V2 board.
Now I would like to use this with the PIstar software on raspberry PI 4, but somehow the DVRPTR V2 is not recognized.
Either it is not recognized or the software is looking at the wrong USB port, I think.
I'm not very good at those things, maybe there is someone who has had the same problem and can point me in the right direction.

thank you in advance !
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: DV-RPTR V2 on PIstar -> raspPI 4

Post by M1DNS »

Given the dvrptr board is a DSTAR legacy device make sure you have setup pistar as dstar repeater and not MMDVM. Put s check box in dstarrepeater just below the header of the config page as the board will not work with mmdvmhost.

I have the near exact thing here running, but the radios are taits.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
on7fq

Post by on7fq »

HI Andrew,

I have already done that, Dstar repeater and full duplex mode.
I'll start from scratch and see if it works.
I guess you are also using the latest PIstar version?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

on7fq wrote:.
I guess you are also using the latest PIstar version?
Yes, and then some. ;-)

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G960F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
on7fq

Post by on7fq »

The old raspPI 2+ with the ircddb gateway & DV-RTPR repeater from G4KLX still works perfectly after 10 years.
I have tested several times, but I cannot get the DV-RPTR V2 to work under PIstar, strange but true.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Yeah, strange i actually have two instances running. one on the repeater and another using the dvrptr board and the add on ambe audio card which runs as a radio less DSTAR node having just a spkr /mic plugged into the ambe audio card. And they both worked fine with the basic setup in the pistar config.

The repeater install is a heavily modified pistar install tweaked for my own purposes but the config is just the basic config as found in all pistar installs running a dstarrepeater setup.

If you have a klx dstarrepeater config to reference then maybe look at pistar expert page. ircddbgateway_full_edit to cross ref pistar against the 'KLX ircddbgateway config.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.